Turn on thread page Beta

How far would you be willing to travel to your place of work? I'm trying to rule out places that would require train fare, but there is NOTHING going in my town atm.

ReputationRep:
    i know how you feel, im ****** off about it.

i'd say 10 miles

ReputationRep:
    I went for 20-30 miles when job hunting, but found something 5 miles away, lucky!

ReputationRep:
    10 miles. my last job was 50 min bus journey and it was only worth it because of the girl i fancied on the bus.

ReputationRep:
    10 miles Currently work just under a mile from my house at the moment and my next role (got an offer and an interview lined up ) will be about the same.

ReputationRep:
    20 miles. Luckily my job I have now is across the road from my house :awesome:.

ReputationRep:
    Im willing to go 40 miles (if the pay was right of course.)

ReputationRep:
    it depends ono the pay really, I do a 70 mile round trip at the mo but it's worth it I suppose. early mornings though :mad:

ReputationRep:
    i've been searching about 15 miles. Of course that'll change if i pass my test and can drive to a job.

ReputationRep:
    I'm searching 20 mile radius. But I live in the middle of nowhere so I would expect to have to drive 20mins+ anyway. The job I'm hoping for is nearly 20 miles away.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Anywhere on a bus route.

ReputationRep:
    About 5 miles, but bearing in mind for a 16 year old with a lack of money spending £3.20 for a return into town every day doesn't do the wallet any favours! I currently work a mile away and cycle there so it's pretty good

ReputationRep:
    10 miles at the most. My current problem is that with the job I've just got, the bus to the town (6 miles away) is only hourly, costs £3.70 return (more than my £3.53 hourly wage grr) takes an hour for some weird reason, and doesn't run on Saturdays....guess what day I'm going to be working! Sooo, mum/dad taxi is going to be needed...unfortunately...

ReputationRep:
    About 5 miles from various points (my home and about 4 train stations)!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.