Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello All,

I have been offered unconditional offer for masters full time , software engineering for financial services.

1) Since I am a international student , I would like to know how strong is international student population at man uni ? From which countries ?

2) Also how far is school of computing from nearest halls of residence ?
    I would like to live nearer to my school and library along with decent amount of pubs and clubs etc. Possible ?

3) Being a HUGE uni , is it really like no one see's the same person again type at the uni ??

4) How good are the teaching facilities ? General outlook of the lecturers ?

5) How far will the nearest asda/tesco supermarket etc is from the halls ?

6) Hows the surrounding around university and halls ? I mean green and open spaces or closed thingy?

6) How friendly are the students and general public?

7) Hows the student union bars , clubs and sports facilities ?

8) Any new internaitonal students going ????????

THANKS A LOT YOU ALL GOOD PEOPLE OF THE PLANET EARTH !!

P.S I am not new to uk , completed by 4 yr of undergrad from UK uni

ReputationRep:
    Loada of internationals and from many parts of the earth don't you worry.

I dunno.

No you see a lot of people again especially if you live in Oadby residence, you tend to meet a lot in the lib but I only went during revision, if you're scared of not seeing someone again get their number innit.

Teaching facilities are obviously great it's a very good university.

Asda is approx 2-3 minute walk from Digby, extra 2 mins from Beaumont, another 2 mins on top from Jofo. Its very close to oadby student village anyways.

PLENTY of green around the student halls infact its very green, loads of parks n stuff to chill in the summer, loads of trees blahblah

Everyone is friendly as they get, even the mean looking ones are friendly, don't worry..

SU is very good.

K

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omega_001)
    Hello All,

I have been offered unconditional offer for masters full time , software engineering for financial services.

1) Since I am a international student , I would like to know how strong is international student population at man uni ? From which countries ?

2) Also how far is school of computing from nearest halls of residence ?
    I would like to live nearer to my school and library along with decent amount of pubs and clubs etc. Possible ?

3) Being a HUGE uni , is it really like no one see's the same person again type at the uni ??

4) How good are the teaching facilities ? General outlook of the lecturers ?

5) How far will the nearest asda/tesco supermarket etc is from the halls ?

6) Hows the surrounding around university and halls ? I mean green and open spaces or closed thingy?

6) How friendly are the students and general public?

7) Hows the student union bars , clubs and sports facilities ?

8) Any new internaitonal students going ????????

THANKS A LOT YOU ALL GOOD PEOPLE OF THE PLANET EARTH !!

P.S I am not new to uk , completed by 4 yr of undergrad from UK uni
    Manchester Uni right?

You're in the Leicester section of the board, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Well I am comparing both the unis before I make a final decision , thats why i had posted in man uni the same question .
    I know its leceister uni , see the first line of my question , the course mentioned is particular with leceister uni .
    Comparing two unis and getting to know the un is not a crime i assume

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 17, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.