Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello All,

I have been offered unconditional offer for masters full time , software engineering for financial services.

1) Since I am a international student , I would like to know how strong is international student population at man uni ? From which countries ?

2) Also how far is school of computing from nearest halls of residence ?
    I would like to live nearer to my school and library along with decent amount of pubs and clubs etc. Possible ?

3) Being a HUGE uni , is it really like no one see's the same person again type at the uni ??

4) How good are the teaching facilities ? General outlook of the lecturers ?

5) How far will the nearest asda/tesco supermarket etc is from the halls ?

6) Hows the surrounding around university and halls ? I mean green and open spaces or closed thingy?

6) How friendly are the students and general public?

7) Hows the student union bars , clubs and sports facilities ?

8) Any new internaitonal students going ????????

THANKS A LOT YOU ALL GOOD PEOPLE OF THE PLANET EARTH !!

P.S I am not new to uk , completed by 4 yr of undergrad from UK uni

ReputationRep:
    Loada of internationals and from many parts of the earth don't you worry.

I dunno.

No you see a lot of people again especially if you live in Oadby residence, you tend to meet a lot in the lib but I only went during revision, if you're scared of not seeing someone again get their number innit.

Teaching facilities are obviously great it's a very good university.

Asda is approx 2-3 minute walk from Digby, extra 2 mins from Beaumont, another 2 mins on top from Jofo. Its very close to oadby student village anyways.

PLENTY of green around the student halls infact its very green, loads of parks n stuff to chill in the summer, loads of trees blahblah

Everyone is friendly as they get, even the mean looking ones are friendly, don't worry..

SU is very good.

K

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omega_001)
    Hello All,

I have been offered unconditional offer for masters full time , software engineering for financial services.

1) Since I am a international student , I would like to know how strong is international student population at man uni ? From which countries ?

2) Also how far is school of computing from nearest halls of residence ?
    I would like to live nearer to my school and library along with decent amount of pubs and clubs etc. Possible ?

3) Being a HUGE uni , is it really like no one see's the same person again type at the uni ??

4) How good are the teaching facilities ? General outlook of the lecturers ?

5) How far will the nearest asda/tesco supermarket etc is from the halls ?

6) Hows the surrounding around university and halls ? I mean green and open spaces or closed thingy?

6) How friendly are the students and general public?

7) Hows the student union bars , clubs and sports facilities ?

8) Any new internaitonal students going ????????

THANKS A LOT YOU ALL GOOD PEOPLE OF THE PLANET EARTH !!

P.S I am not new to uk , completed by 4 yr of undergrad from UK uni
    Manchester Uni right?

You're in the Leicester section of the board, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Well I am comparing both the unis before I make a final decision , thats why i had posted in man uni the same question .
    I know its leceister uni , see the first line of my question , the course mentioned is particular with leceister uni .
    Comparing two unis and getting to know the un is not a crime i assume

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.