Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

asked her out.. what now? (girls and boys advice needed) watch

ReputationRep:
    basically ive been friends with a girl for a while now, i dont see her much though and have asked if she wants to 'do something' next week..

she's suggested wednesday might be a possibility.. i said i'd speak to her later about it as i had to get off... what now???

i want to show her we can be more than friends, but not quite sure how to go about this.. suggestions please!

girls.. what do you think?

lads.. what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    Text/call her and suggest an activity for wednesday of course! Choose something fun with date like potential and act a bit flirty so she doesn't just think of you as friends then I guess you can see how she reacts!

ReputationRep:
    well you need to arrange something for wednesday with her!!!
    chat to her and see what she wants to do. do something relaxed so she can enjoy being in your company (eg posh dinner date is just awkward for both involved!!!)
    there is no rush with these things - you dont need to show her you're the love of her life after 1 date.

personally i wouldnt agree to "do something" with a guy just the 2 of us unless i liked him so take that as a good sign!!!

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her, take her out for a drink/coffee and see how things go, talk and keep it casual. See how things progress and then take it from there.

Give her a text about it, or wait for her to come online again so you can talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    Why not go to the beach or movies? Or just hanging out at her house?

ReputationRep:
    Pick something you enjoy doing and push home Wednesday. Tell her it'll be fun. Oversell it. It doesnt matter if it doesnt live up. She wont remember and once she's there, she's there. Then dont hide your intentions. Cut down on body space. Hug her. Touch her. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Kiss her, hold her hand or compliment her a lot. Lots of eye contact too.

She'll get the message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bir91)
    basically ive been friends with a girl for a while now, i dont see her much though and have asked if she wants to 'do something' next week..

she's suggested wednesday might be a possibility.. i said i'd speak to her later about it as i had to get off... what now???

i want to show her we can be more than friends, but not quite sure how to go about this.. suggestions please!

girls.. what do you think?

lads.. what would you do?
    The cinema is your friend. Aslong as youse two are alone, if she agrees to go alone with you without hesitation, she's probably into you too.

PS. How did you get so much neg rep with only 27 posts?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_Hunter)
    The cinema is your friend. Aslong as youse two are alone, if she agrees to go alone with you without hesitation, she's probably into you too.

Am I the only person who thinks Cinemas are bad idea for a first date? All you do is sit there for 2 hours, in silence, watching the movie. You may as well be there alone.

In my opinion it's much better to do something more social, where you can talk and get to know each other a bit better and make your intentions more obvious. Going for a drink or to the beach or something would be much more productive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wenzel)
    Am I the only person who thinks Cinemas are bad idea for a first date? All you do is sit there for 2 hours, in silence, watching the movie. You may as well be there alone.

In my opinion it's much better to do something more social, where you can talk and get to know each other a bit better and make your intentions more obvious. Going for a drink or to the beach or something would be much more productive.
    Well, i'm only 16. So I can't go for drinks, and to go to the beach means a very unromantic half an hour train journey to saltburn where it's freezing and not very nice.

And besides, I just work my moves in the cinema :ninja: ...

ReputationRep:

Thanks for the rep! I'll rep back soon, i've already used it today. I guess you know all about the dodjy Arriva trains too then.

Ps. Maybe a cinema trip isn't ideal for someone who's 18+, but for 16 year olds such as myself it's ideal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe_abbey)
    Text/call her and suggest an activity for wednesday of course! Choose something fun with date like potential and act a bit flirty so she doesn't just think of you as friends then I guess you can see how she reacts!
    if you were her, and you perhaps thought maybe its friends maybe its more, what would you want to do with the boy? i know from experience when asking about doing 'something' it rarely materialises but i dont want to make a suggestion as im useless with stuff like that!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_Hunter)

the cinema is something that comes straight to mind, yet it could be awkward sitting there for a couple of hours in silence.. might think im boring! yeah id buy her some popcorn but hardly romantic, is it? hmmmm i dont know

and i insulted an admin, who have powerful rep! good times.

ReputationRep:

I like what you say, i live right near the beach so possibly, shes not 18 yet so a drink could be a problem.. wouldnt want her thinking im trying to lure her to the beach? :/ i am into her, i just dont know how she feels.. i think this is my chance, just dont want to ruin it

ReputationRep:
    Could you go for a coffee or something? Plenty of opportunity to talk and get to know each other...and if it's nice weather, you could always go outside somewhere - I don't know what there is near you, but where I live there're loads of nice parks and stuff to sit in and chat...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bir91)
    the cinema is something that comes straight to mind, yet it could be awkward sitting there for a couple of hours in silence.. might think im boring! yeah id buy her some popcorn but hardly romantic, is it? hmmmm i dont know

and i insulted an admin, who have powerful rep! good times.
    Oh that's unfortunate ( the rep thing )

However, if you feel confident with this girl, or just girls in general who you have romantic feelings for, and feel good about cracking jokes about the film, then the cinema is a sure bet. And thus, finding you quite the anti-bore.

If not, just go to the park or something. I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday = Orange Wednesday - (if you're on Orange) buy your ticket and get hers for free, and refuse to let her pay for any of it if she asks. Take it from there, pick a film which you think she'd like, go from there

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in this thread; could a few more girls post please!

ReputationRep:
    Go bowling. guaranteed laughs.

ReputationRep:
    ice skating- if you have a rink nearby, always good fun.

Just slightly off topic: the fact that she agreed to 'do something' with just you is a good sign because if a guy asked me if I wasn't interested I'd brush it off or make my intentions clear so as not to lead him on. Only exception being my very close male friends who I go to the cinema alone with and stuff but it's all platonic! My point was if she is interested then it won't matter where you take her (within reason) because you'll both make the best time you can out of it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.