Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My bf and I were having an argument about him ditching me for his friends when we had made plans already. In the course of it he called me 'wastegash'. I think that's completely unacceptable. He also generally swears at me and calls me names. But this just takes the cake. I'm not sure if this is worth breaking up over but I feel really hurt and want to tell him this. Every time I complain he tells me he was just kidding, but it's not funny.

ReputationRep:
    That's not a very nice thing to come from your boyfriend. Maybe you should rethink about being together if he is always swearing at you. Or have a talk about it with him and see what he says.

ReputationRep:
    tbh if your bf thinks its ok to speak to you like that he clearly doesnt respect you. doesnt sound like it a 1 off so you have to ask yourself how long you will put up with it for?

if you tell him it offends you and he still does it get out of there and fast! find someone who actually respects you

ReputationRep:
    wastegash!

:rofl2:

(Original post by Miasma Envoy)
    wastegash!

:rofl2:
    I'm sorry, you find this funny?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no need to apologise

(Original post by G8D)
    A what now?
    Wastegash- the female version of wasteman- but worse.

ReputationRep:
    he doesn't respect you obviously...so if there's no respect...why are you with him...surely a relationship with no respect is not one to be in..

leave him. it's not the end of the world but i'm sure you're better off.

ReputationRep:
    Waste = filth, worthless dirty etc
    gash refers to the vagina, in a derogatary(sp) way.

wastegash = worthless hoe.

ReputationRep:
    leave him - that's a shocking level of respect being shown by one of the male species.

ReputationRep:
    Wait--what does that mean? Can someone explain?
    You need to talk to him about it and let him know it's not okay. If he does it again, then ignore and if he cares then he'll get it hopefully.

EDIT: Oh..damnn what a jerk.

ReputationRep:
    If he upsets you why are you with him? If I had a GF I wouldn't even think about insulting her like that.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to STFU and you want out. He sounds like a ****. You might as well dump him. I'd never be caught calling my girlfriend names like that.

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously if he is going to put you down and try and turn such things on you, then do you really want to be in something that is going to make you feel like that?

Talk to him about it, we cant do anything, if you commit to talking to him about his behaviour and try and see if he will change that may be the best idea for you.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If my boyfriend said that to me he wouldn't be my boyfriend any more :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andiio)
    Lmao, well I can't say I really advise going out with anyone who has the term 'wastegash' in their vocabulary.
    Lmao that's exactly what I was going to say! :lolz:

What is he, 14?

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Lmao that's exactly what I was going to say! :lolz:

What is he, 14?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus. Dump him and start dating a grown up :yes:

If my boyfriend constantly swore at me and called me wastegash (lololololol) he'd be long gone.

ReputationRep:
    I agree i did lol when I heard that. I'd never call a girlfriend wastegash cos i think its such a horrible phrase, but I think that's why i found it funny. Is your bf some sort of wannabe black guy??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.