Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: Just how much make-up do YOU wear? watch

• View Poll Results: How much make-up do you wear?
    Nothing at all.
    22.93%
    Just a little, eyeliner and/or mascara.
    43.23%
    The lot, foundation, concealer, eyeliner, mascara etc...
    33.83%

ReputationRep:
    Hmm quite a lot. Usually foundation, powder, blusher, liquid and pencil eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara and lipbalm. Like to keep the colours natural though and although it sounds like a lot it only really takes me five minutes to do.

ReputationRep:
    9 days out of 10, nothing. Today I was looking particularly crap, so foundation, concealer, powder, mascara.

When I go out, foundation, concealer, powder, liquid eyeliner on top, pencil on bottom, sometimes eyeshadow, for smoky eyes, mascara.

ReputationRep:
    Eyeliner

And a tiny bit of foundation, sometimes blusher

ReputationRep:
    Day to day I keep it really natural and wear a little bit of foundation and eye shadow.

At night I usually go for alot more but it depends where I'm going.

I've bought a face primer recently and I noticed that when I wear that, I don't need to use as much if anything at all over it.

ReputationRep:
    Concealer, powder, eyeliner, mascara, blusher and tinted lipbalm. For evenings or going out I usually wear brighter/more exciting eyeliner and lipstick.

ReputationRep:
    Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
    Collection 2000 light reflecting concealer (if I have dark circles)
    A tiny, tiny, TINY bit of blusher on my cheeks (I'm SO pale!) and sometimes a bit of illuminating powder just on my cheekbones (only if I look really pale and need a glow, it doesn't have a colour, just catches the light).

Then I just put vaseline on my lips.

If I'm going somewhere I need to look perfect I wear a veeery thin layer of foundation, a bit of neutral eyeshadow just to even the tone of my eyelids, mascara, blush and a bit of the illuminator and rimmel moisture renew lipstick in Nude Delight (I wear it instead of vaseline on normal days sometimes because it makes my skin look warmer)

It all depends on my mood as well really. If I'm feeling really gross I'll do full make up just to make myself feel a bit better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    Hmm well I don't see how putting a bunch of chemicals on your face can do it any good. Surely if your skin is fine you don't need make up?
    Some make up is all natural actually. And even if your skin is good you'll always look better with a touch of foundation to even things out.

ReputationRep:
    Nowt. No point polishing a turd is there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brunette580)
    Day to day I keep it really natural and wear a little bit of foundation and eye shadow.

At night I usually go for alot more but it depends where I'm going.

I've bought a face primer recently and I noticed that when I wear that, I don't need to use as much if anything at all over it.
    What primer do you use?

ReputationRep:
    Foundation, under-eye concealer, powder, blush, lip balm, mascara.

That's quite a lot...

ReputationRep:
    At work: tinted moisturiser, face powder (summer only to take away the shine), light natural blush, light natural coloured eyeshadow, eyeliner (minimal), mascara and nude pink lipgloss.
    General everyday (e.g shopping, walking the dog): clinique city block (factor 25) and vaseline.
    Nights out: moisturiser, concealer, foundation, face powder, two shades of blush, smokey eyes (using 3 shades of eyeshadow), eyeliner, mascara, nude pink lipstick and gloss.

I know it sounds alot, but I don't go on nights out very often. Also, the clinique city block is more of a sun cream than make-up

ReputationRep:
    depends on how spotty i am

ReputationRep:
    Powder (sometimes)
    Eyeshadow (natural for morn, darker for evening)
    Eyeliner
    Blusher
    Lippy
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    foundation, powder and mascara normally through the day
    or if im on a night out then foundation, powder, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara and lipgloss.

ReputationRep:
    Mineral foundation and concealer.
    Mineral blush.
    Eyeliner.
    Mascara.
    Lip balm.

Perhaps sounds like a lot, but it's not really. My main concern is covering my rosacea, redness from acne and under eye circles which my concealer and foundation does. My make up will be the same whether i'm going to the shops or going on a night out; perhaps a slightly more dramatic eye look for the evening but I never spend a great deal of time on it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear any. =]

ReputationRep:
    None for me

ReputationRep:
    Daily nothing at all, and my face has cleared up a lot earlier than my friends faces have who all wear make up daily. When it's a night out I go for the lot, if it's just an evening meal or similar, I might not bother with eyeliner or foundation or will use eyeliner but no eyeshadow.

ReputationRep:
    Right now I'm wearing foundation, concealer, blusher, mascara and eye brow pencil.
    This is standard for me.

ReputationRep:
    Some days I wear none, normally I wear concealer and mascara or sometimes eyeliner. If my skin looks a bit rubbish then foundation too. Or if I feel in a makeuppy mood I wear eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara.
    So yeah it depends on my mood, it varies but normally just concealer, eyeliner and mascara.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.