Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow I pop my last tamiflu pills so I can run free. I want you guys to clap your hands in appreciation of this fact.

Simple thread: is it better to be honest with the opposite sex? By honest I mean about yourself, your intentions and what you want out of it...
    Does it change in a relationship as compared to a one night stand?

OR is it OK to lie about things to create intrigue and mystique? Is it best to lie about whether you want to sleep with her to appear aloof as a guy? Is it better for a girl to pretend to be holier-than-thou - to play the virgin in the light but need no urging in the night!

Personally I dont think a guy should ever be dishonest. It shows insecurities, uncomfortableness and a lack of confidence. Im not perfect so you definitely won't be. Give it up. Girls can see it with their spidey senses.
    Honesty is important for women too, but I do like the good girl/bad girl dichotomy with women. It's hot. But then sexually open girls are cool too. But openness is important. It becomes more important the more you want out out of it.

Do you guys think any degree of dishonesty is acceptable? Lying about your achievements? The amount of people you've slept with?

ReputationRep:
    "Hi, nice to meet you for the first time. I hope to take you out on a date and make small moves onto you such as holding hands and kiss on the cheek. On the second date, i'm hoping you're easy enough to put out for me as i don't like working too hard for things. When we get down and dirty i would like you to suck my penis untill i ejaculate into your mouth, at which point you swallow my semen down like a fruit juice. Then we would proceed to have intercourse again until i climax for a second time."

Bit too honest.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its ok to lie. You can be mysterious without lying. Honesty is the best policy

ReputationRep:
    yeah be honest but don't spill your whole life story until you know each other well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickford)
    "Hi, nice to meet you for the first time. I hope to take you out on a date and make small moves onto you such as holding hands and kiss on the cheek. On the second date, i'm hoping you're easy enough to put out for me as i don't like working too hard for things. When we get down and dirty i would like you to suck my penis untill i ejaculate into your mouth, at which point you swallow my semen down like a fruit juice. Then we would proceed to have intercourse again until i climax for a second time."

Bit too honest.
    haha I love that! That has so much comic potential it might work. The first half at least!"

ReputationRep:
    Gradually is the best policy.

I like to keep certain things under wraps unless it comes up and she's interested. So I guess I keep it mysterious without deliberately trying to seem dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    Lying creates problems that later on can cause hurt or can catch people out. Best thing to do is to be honest, obviously not to up front but as long as you are then no one can get hurt later down the line.

If you really have intentions that need to be lied about, i think you really should be thinking about the intentions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickford)

Bit too honest.
    My God that made me LOL

On a more serious note, yes honesty is important its the foundation of a relationship functiing but like someone has already said someone doesnt want the person's life sotry/wants/needs out of a relationship in the first few dates or i'd be like:eek3:
    hahah x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Tomorrow I pop my last tamiflu pills so I can run free. I want you guys to clap your hands in appreciation of this fact.

Simple thread: is it better to be honest with the opposite sex? By honest I mean about yourself, your intentions and what you want out of it...
    Does it change in a relationship as compared to a one night stand?

OR is it OK to lie about things to create intrigue and mystique? Is it best to lie about whether you want to sleep with her to appear aloof as a guy? Is it better for a girl to pretend to be holier-than-thou - to play the virgin in the light but need no urging in the night!

Personally I dont think a guy should ever be dishonest. It shows insecurities, uncomfortableness and a lack of confidence. Im not perfect so you definitely won't be. Give it up. Girls can see it with their spidey senses.
    Honesty is important for women too, but I do like the good girl/bad girl dichotomy with women. It's hot. But then sexually open girls are cool too. But openness is important. It becomes more important the more you want out out of it.

Do you guys think any degree of dishonesty is acceptable? Lying about your achievements? The amount of people you've slept with?
    This essentially falls into the category of playing games, which eventually leads you nowhere, so no on that one. I'd also like to add that nobody is as mysterious as they think they are.

But it depends on what you want, really. If you're after a relationship then you shouldn't lie since it's sort of against the principles of a relationship. If you're after a shag... well, you can... but even here, I would actually encourage guys to be honest. Will save lots of time and effort for everyone. But that's just me. Might not work with other girls.

Yeah.... I'm going to fall on the side of honesty here.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.