Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    why have they become so crap?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know man. I don't know what was going on with their last album, it was just pure dross.

ReputationRep:
    they always was
    too easy :p:

maybe they are running out of idea's

ReputationRep:
    Their first album, Hot Fuss, is amazing, Day & Age wasn't as great =/ They're still pretty awesome though, apparently they are working on a 'covers' album, not too sure if that's a good thing, deppends what covers they pick. I like pretty much all their stuff really

ReputationRep:
    Hot Fuss is an amazing album, despite it being their debut, its probably the best they'll ever make.
    Then they all got beards and moustaches and did 'Sams Town', which was different but it was okay, i didnt lose faith.
    I havent even bought Day And Age yet, its on my to do list.
    But i'm glad Brandon Flowers is Beardless, although maybe he's cold because hes taken to wearing feathers.

Did i answer the OP's question at all? ;]

ReputationRep:
    Day and Age isn't quite as good as the others. Although there are still some hidden gems in there- Neon Tiger, I Can't Stay, Joy Ride and some others.

Seriously though, the best album that The Killers have ever done is SAWDUST!! So seriously underrated. It's about 10x better than Hot Fuss. If you don't own it, go forth and buy. Then put the following songs on repeat: Change Your Mind, Romeo and Juliet (about as good as the Dire Strait's original), Under The Gun (<3), Shadowplay, Show You How, Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf...

:yep: I <3 the Killers. :p:

ReputationRep:
    :shock: I love the Killers :woo:

Nothing to add...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc246)
    :shock: I love the Killers :woo:

Nothing to add...

Too right. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    why have they become so crap?
    couldn't agree more

ReputationRep:
    i quite like their newer stuff - and their newest single i think is fantastic.

They've just changed their style a bit - and you evodently don;t like their new sound - i dont think it is bad music - perhaps just no to your particular tastes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    why have they become so big?
    I fixed it for you, but here is my theory:

You can't lose quality & talent when you never had it to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    Too appeal to the masses.

They sold their soul to the consumer devil.

ReputationRep:
    :O the killers are the beeeeeeeans!! i <3 them!! :lovedup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surfait)
    Too right. :cool:
    I agree. They're amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE them! Day and Age has been continuously growing on me since I first heard it and I feel like they won't be running out of quality material for a while yet. Saw them headline T in the Park on Saturday night, front row and an absolutely awesome live show. They got the crowd going proper and can definitely perform live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorito)
    Too appeal to the masses.

They sold their soul to the consumer devil.
    Ditto Kings of Leon :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, other people who don't like them, i thought i was the only one.

I think there first album is ok though.

ReputationRep:
    If you liked the first album you might like Joyride off Day & Age. Having seen them live 3 times over 2004 I definitely think they've improved as a live band. I watched their T in the Park performance and it was brilliant. Brandon's singing has improved and he seems a lot more confident on stage. (And is looking more gorgeous than ever!)

ReputationRep:
    they're nothing but an average pop band now

ReputationRep:
    I never thought the killers were amazing. First album I didn't much like. Sam's town in my opinion was a fairly good album as I thought it was quite well put together (unlike Hot fuss). Lyrics were a bit stronger too than Hot Fuss Day and Age is a big step down from the other two. But my hopes weren't high. Actually it kind of sounds like a worse version of Hot fuss.

I think they've always been an average pop band (except for Sam's town which I thought was a bit above average).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.