Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well hello there. As you probably gathered from the title of this thread, I will be starting a Masters at Leicester Uni in September and are wondering about what to do for accom?
    Ideally Id like to live with Masters of final year undergrad students, because as much as I enjoy a good night out etc... Im probably not going to be able to do that too often with the work, but at the same time I dont want to be a complete hermit, so having flatmates to chat with, and pub and/or club with occasionally would be good as well, which I suspect rules out most PhD students...
    Anyone have any advice on whether the Unis postgrad halls accom is worth it? Or anyone in a similar situation looking for flatmates?

I cant be the only Masters student on here!

ReputationRep:
    Hey mate , i can say that i am in the same boat as you. Though i havent accepted the unconditional offer yet. Just giving it a final thought.
    I am for msc soft. eng for financial services, whats your?
    I think the best option for us masters, is anything but oadby student village. Its mainly for undergrad i think. I feel the halls on campus be the best bet.

cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Global Environmental Change, tis in the Geography dept.

I wasn't gonna go to Oadby, an halls do look rather good, but just wondering if I could get somewhere cheaper, there are deffo cheaper private properties out there, but Id have to find the right flat/flatmates. Im not too fussy about flatmates, but as I said, final year undergrad or Masters would be best I think.

ReputationRep:
    hello people... Im joining in Sep for my MBA.... however.. got my accom confirmed at Opal... thatz wot they offered me from the 4 options I gave them... a bit on the higher end... but didn't have much of a choice.. lol... its mostly for post grads.. so if any of u wanna... u can chk it out....

none of you guys have accom confirmed yet then?

ReputationRep:
    4 options ? I only had 3 options to give ! Do you get extra one for being MBA ??? DAMN. lol

Nah i havent heard from them , i selected opal, george and weston. I am international sudent and unconditional for masters so hopefully i will get one for the choices.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am in the same situation. Thought about halls but they dont look the best - especially for the price compared to the private sector. If anyone is interested a buddy up in order to find a flat ( I am heading to Leicester on the 15th September to sort all this out) drop me an email to [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    You'll be hard pushed to find a decent house now, especially one close to university - undergrads usually start looking for houses in January.. Might be worth checking out here though: http://www.studentpad.co.uk/leicester/.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, there are still houses out there - there are more student houses on offer than students to rent them. Admittedly all the best ones will be gone, but there should still be a fair few choices!!

ReputationRep:
    With the housing market the way it is I imagine there are a fair few landlords buying up property at the moment which will be advertised late. I'm starting an MSc at Leicester in Sept but commuting unfortunately.....

ReputationRep:
    I have been looking around and there seems to be loads of houses, maybe not with students but then I would rather not live with undergrads! If anyone is stuck then have a look at easyroommate or even gumtree

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!!.. i'll be taking up MSc software this sep. Ive been allocated in Nixon court Block B.I did put down Opal as my first choice but hope nixon would be just fine. nyone in nixon block B?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.