Turn on thread page Beta

Clothes for Uni watch

ReputationRep:
    primark shall be hit with a bang and a POP!

ReputationRep:
    Ha! yeh so much stuff. Since my sixth form was uniform only unlike most I didn't really need that many casual clothes so I'm going to use a fair proportion of my accumlated cash to go wild. Already bought a few items, never knew shopping was so fun. I'm sounding like a girl now aren't I :o:

ReputationRep:
    yes...im gonna go mad on clothes and acesories...especially jeans...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessbecky)
    Is anyone else thinking of getting a completely new wardrobe for Uni ? I cant wait!
    http://www.collegefashion.net/fashio...college-girls/

Check out this link - it is really helpful for assessing your wardrobe and working out what you do or don't need - we are all guilty of having a favourite item that we buy lots of, ignoring others (I am always buying tops and don't have enough trousers!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing fashion and never even gave this a thought! I like the clothes I have, to be honest, and I have an awful lot of them, so I won't be buying anything new. When I'm actually in London, however... Yeah, different story.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford Street will be packed when the first student loan payments arrive in bank accounts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    http://www.collegefashion.net/fashio...college-girls/

Check out this link - it is really helpful for assessing your wardrobe and working out what you do or don't need - we are all guilty of having a favourite item that we buy lots of, ignoring others (I am always buying tops and don't have enough trousers!)
    Thanks for the link i'll know what i need to get extra now!

I got plently of tops and jeans and interview stuff.

Was going to get a nice umbrella from Boots this week but i didnt have enough on me it was £13!! Far too much

ReputationRep:
    Every day is a struggle for me, I have saved money for new clothes. But I intend on buying my entire uni wardrobe when I go on Holiday to Tokyo

ReputationRep:
    I was going to. I couldn't find a job/ haven't yet found one so without an income I don't have the spare cash to spend

Then I went through my wardrobe and realised I don't really need any new clothes. Just clearing out all the crap I never wear any more refreshed (at least in my mind) my wardrobe without the need to buy anything new (aka spend money I'm gonna need)

Maybe I'll peruse some charity shops. Might as well get used to living cheap now.

(Besides: I might know my clothes are old, but no-one else will, and I hate fashion so much at the moment it's not hard to stick with what I've got)

ReputationRep:
    I would love to if I could afford it, but I really can't

ReputationRep:
    No point until I go to Manchester.

Plus, I spend wayy too much money on clothes I don't actually wear. Ever. I'm trying to control myself this summer.

ReputationRep:
    After freshers week you will all go back to wearing your rags cause they are far more comfy, everybody always tries to make too much of an effort in FW.

ReputationRep:
    Can't afford new clothes for going back to start my masters, it's a pain in the hole because almost everything in my wardrobe is too big on me.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely.. I'm currently bored to death at my office, but I'm working so I can afford a lot of new clothes. Even if I don't really need it, I'm just a shopholic :s
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    DON'T DO IT!!!

I did, but I lost sooo much weight, none of it fit six months in! (Most people either gain or lose). DO NOT spend a fortune on new clothes. Save the money and buy stuff while you're there as you go along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    DON'T DO IT!!!

I did, but I lost sooo much weight, none of it fit six months in! (Most people either gain or lose). DO NOT spend a fortune on new clothes. Save the money and buy stuff while you're there as you go along.
    I guess I'm gonna put on weight as I'll have to cook and I'm a bit lazy. But I wanted to buy clothes in France as I don't know if I'll like English clothes 'cause I don't know at all what you guys wears.

ReputationRep:
    Don't follow the crowd and wear the same thing everyone at uni does; I'll scream if I see one more person in leggings lol. Unless you don't mind blending in I like to wear individual stuff personally but what do I know I'm a cranky old 3rd year
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by roxie4ever57)
    I guess I'm gonna put on weight as I'll have to cook and I'm a bit lazy. But I wanted to buy clothes in France as I don't know if I'll like English clothes 'cause I don't know at all what you guys wears.
    Jeans and t-shirts :p: All the European guys I knew in halls wore pretty much the same as I do.

And you'll always have chance to come back at Christmas, if you really don't like the stuff.

Save the money and spend it later.

ReputationRep:
    Im not going to uni but my dads giving me £500 for a summer shopping spree =]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I've promised myself a nice shiny Blu-Ray player and a new surround system. I mean, after all, I AM a film student, and I will use the kit

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.