Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I love him to bits, but he's about to leave Watch

Anon because he used to use tsr (is how we met..)

Basically we dated for 3months, broke up but remained very close friends. When he broke up with his last ex a couple of months ago, we became even closer (as close as technology will allow, we live 4hours away) So much so that we seemed to come to a mutual agreement that when we met up again we would have sex, (for the emotion not just the physicality)

The thing is, he's going abroad for a year, beginning the middle of august, and I have next to no money with no job so have been concentrating on getting a job. I said I was going to come down to him the week after next, but he said that may be too late, considering he also has work..I will be distraught if I don't get to see him, I really will. He is the only person I think about romantically, and I've told him I love him (but as a friend) - he says the same.

I don't know what to do, I'm going to miss him so much

ReputationRep:
    you havent asked a question, i don't understand what you want as an answer? oh that sucks?

ReputationRep:
    Dear Love Him As A Friend,

So, do you mean you're not his girlfriend, but are 'close friends' who slept together for 'emotion'...?
    I think you should get on with your life, get a job, earn some money. He obviously doesn't know you love him and he doesn't seem to like you in that way. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but if he loved you he'd find the time or make some other arrangement.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Am trying to do three things at once sorry.

I was meant to go on to ask whether I should really be feeling as strong about him if he's going away for a year..

And 'she_said' I see where you're coming from. We haven't slept together yet, we've just said how right it would feel though...And its not just him, I've been incredibly wrapped up in my jobhunting recently, I could have taken time out

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.