Turn on thread page Beta

An income for a college year? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Right, I'll try to make this as understandable as possible so bear with me.

    I'm currently on JSA but as I am about to apply for a full time college course I will have to come off the JSA. So when I'm off of that (JSA) what are the options for me in terms of benefits? I'm possibly eligible for DLA, I'll have to look into it, but I'm not sure about what else. My dad mentioned getting a grant so how can I go about doing that?

    How do things go about me getting EMA now? Am I too old for that part?

    The things I need money for are rent to my mum (£30 p/w), food and drink (£20 p/w), travel (£15 p/w max) and the money needed for course material (Amount unsure of).

    I'm 21 and currently unemployed which is my reason for going back into education to get more qualifications.

    Thanks :cool:
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.