Turn on thread page Beta

Not sure if I've finished puberty (male) watch

Anon or delete please.

I've been watching this program on TV tonight about embarrassing teenage bodies or whatever. It talked about all the problems people were getting during puberty. It made me wonder.

I'm 18, male, and I haven't gone through any real problems during puberty. In fact, none at all. It makes me think if I've actually been through puberty at all. The telltale signs are there. I have a fairly deep voice (I think, I don't know how to judge), not very tall (5 foot 11), some facial hair, hair under armpits, pubic hair. I think that's it.

I haven't suffered any problems. Almost no acne, even when I don't wash my face for several days, no proper muscles, quite a small "schlong" (5.5 inch when erect). I never noticed puberty happening.

Is the worst yet to come? Have I been through puberty fully already? From the looks of it, I've been through some parts of puberty and not others.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but this a thread where it has to be said

Pics or it didn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone has a difficult puberty... infact most dont! Its possible that you havent finished yet as I think you keep developig until about 22... but dont expect the worst!

ReputationRep:
    Acne is not a part of puberty, it's common in teenagers, but not all of them get it. I have never had acne.

Facial hair takes several years to develop fully, it may take till your early twenties till you finish facial and chest hair development. You can also grow taller until your early twenties.

As for penis size, that sounds perfectly normal. Also, if your testes/penis have enlarged and you can ejaculate, you have definitely gone through puberty.

In short, you sound healthy and like an 18 year old guy should. If you're still bothered, make an appointment with your GP.

ReputationRep:
    And you'll go to your GP, he'll tell you to stop wasting his time and in the process you'll catch swine flu

ReputationRep:
    5ft 11 is quite tall, its almost 6 ft, you make me feel small (I'm only 5ft 5)

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to tell whether or not your voice has broken, even if you're not sure just how deep it is. 5'11" is about average height (a little taller than average, actually). Some people are hairier than others. Some people don't get acne. Some people are more muscular than others. Penises come in many sizes. Puberty takes time so it's not like you'd necessarily notice it "happening".

ReputationRep:
    Erm, when and why do you go 'several days' without even washing your face? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    5 ft 11 is not that tall?? OP you sure about that.

(Original post by EskimoJo)
    Erm, when and why do you go 'several days' without even washing your face? :lolwut:
    I get lazy and decide not to wash it.

ReputationRep:
    Guys keep growing till like 21 if that helps - tbh I don't think the majority of teenagers go through the typical acne booming/sqeaking crazy hair growing stage thats so poignantly put across on sex ed vids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I get lazy and decide not to wash it.
    :erm: You obviously haven't hit puberty then - not interested in girls...

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'8 you offensive *******.

I kid, but why do you see not having acne as a bad thing? I would love to have little facial hair/body hair and no acne, count yourself lucky as shaving every other day is a *****. What makes you think a 5'5 schlong is small anyway? I'm pretty sure it's above average for a fully-grown man in the UK. I honestly have no idea why you're complaining.

ReputationRep:
    5ft 11 is tall.

5.5 inch **** is average for fully grown male Westerners.

I really wouldn't worry as long as your balls have dropped.

ReputationRep:
    You don't finish puberty until your early twenties.

ReputationRep:
    Although many adults find they like to wash every day - that could be the final step you're missing

(Original post by SunIllusions)
    5ft 11 is tall.

5.5 inch **** is average for fully grown male Westerners.

I really wouldn't worry as long as your balls have dropped.
    How do I know if my balls have dropped?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How do I know if my balls have dropped?
    Google it?

Your balls basically descend out from the abdomen. It's hardly a big change though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.