Leicester med school Watch

This discussion is closed.
zed
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hello, i have an interview at Leicester med school. Can anyone tell me what the interview was like, how it is structured and is it intense? thanks for you help.
Juleah
Report 14 years ago
I had my interview earlier this year on the 14th Feb. (2003 entry)
The questions that I got asked were:
How was your journey here?
Did you go on the tour?
Why medicine?
Why not an engineer?
Why Leicester?
What speciality do you want to do once you're qualified?
How do you become/train to be a GP?
What are the qualities of a good Dr?
Another heath related news articles you've read lately? I said about the Reg Crew case and assisted suicide. He then asked, any recent medical advancements that you've read about? (obviously not happy with original answer )
What do I look forward to when I go to university?
Tell me a bit about your work experiences and how you think that they will make you a better Dr.
Did you do anything at Medlink that will help you in medicine?

The interview was really short, only about 10 mins, when 20 mins was about the norm for everyone else in the different interview teams. My team were going very quickly, my interview was almost 50 mins early!!!!
Had a med student and a Consultant, both were nice and the questions weren't too hard, but I thought that I'd said all the wrong things and was kicking myself when I came out!
The interview was relatively relaxed and not too intense, but it all depends on the team that you get.
When I had the interview that day was started off by a tour, and the med student doing it was scare mongering, as in out of 40 people here today only 2/3 will get an offer. Don't worry not true, as spoke to other med students and office staff, who said that the odds were a lot better! We then went and sat in the students canteen and just sat and talked, it was quite relaxed and if you got on well with some of them, they would come back after their interview and tell you what they were asked, coz it's more similar than you'd expect.
At the end of the day I got an offer, but decided to go to southampton, which is where I am now, it Leicester is a really good med school.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by zed)
Hello, i have an interview at Leicester med school. Can anyone tell me what the interview was like, how it is structured and is it intense? thanks for you help.
my friend had an interview there about 2 weeks ago- she said it was ok *doesn't know that many details*, the onyl thing she said was that they take ages to get back to you *about 6 weeks*, but that's probably cos she had an early one + thye try to get most of them doen before doing any offers. good luck.

lou xxx
zed
Thanks very much for your help.

(Original post by Juleah)
I had my interview earlier this year on the 14th Feb. (2003 entry)
The questions that I got asked were:
How was your journey here?
Did you go on the tour?
Why medicine?
Why not an engineer?
Why Leicester?
What speciality do you want to do once you're qualified?
How do you become/train to be a GP?
What are the qualities of a good Dr?
Another heath related news articles you've read lately? I said about the Reg Crew case and assisted suicide. He then asked, any recent medical advancements that you've read about? (obviously not happy with original answer )
What do I look forward to when I go to university?
Tell me a bit about your work experiences and how you think that they will make you a better Dr.
Did you do anything at Medlink that will help you in medicine?

The interview was really short, only about 10 mins, when 20 mins was about the norm for everyone else in the different interview teams. My team were going very quickly, my interview was almost 50 mins early!!!!
Had a med student and a Consultant, both were nice and the questions weren't too hard, but I thought that I'd said all the wrong things and was kicking myself when I came out!
The interview was relatively relaxed and not too intense, but it all depends on the team that you get.
When I had the interview that day was started off by a tour, and the med student doing it was scare mongering, as in out of 40 people here today only 2/3 will get an offer. Don't worry not true, as spoke to other med students and office staff, who said that the odds were a lot better! We then went and sat in the students canteen and just sat and talked, it was quite relaxed and if you got on well with some of them, they would come back after their interview and tell you what they were asked, coz it's more similar than you'd expect.
At the end of the day I got an offer, but decided to go to southampton, which is where I am now, it Leicester is a really good med school.
zed
Thankyou for your reply.

(Original post by lou p lou)
my friend had an interview there about 2 weeks ago- she said it was ok *doesn't know that many details*, the onyl thing she said was that they take ages to get back to you *about 6 weeks*, but that's probably cos she had an early one + thye try to get most of them doen before doing any offers. good luck.

lou xxx
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (446)
91.58%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (41)
8.42%

Watched Threads