Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It's a pretty awful style like, cos it's sooo rough looking. But yeh you could do it without. Just use lots of volume products, back comb a little and tonnes of hairspray on loosely curled hair.

ReputationRep:
    gross... it looks so fake.

wax, backcomb, hairspray, drag through hedge backwards*.

*optional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BettySwollocks)
    to look like thiiis..

http://www.oceanup.com/2009/07/taylo...sions-hot.html

I'm aware that she's wearing extensions, but do you reckon you'd be able to do it without extensions? Because my hair's that length naturally.
    If you really want your hair to look like that (looks like mine when I haven't washed it for like 4 days haha) try using 'surf' products. Stuff that texturizes the hair. It looks like 'beach hair' if you know what I mean. I remember back in the day girls saying they'd spray salt water into their hair to create this look, however I wouldn't recommend salt water - it dries out the hair.

If your hair doesn't go greasy so quickly, then this look will work best on unwashed (for about a day) hair. Also if you have a natural wave, there's no need to curl your hair beforehand. However, if your hair is very straight, curl it the first day (I'd do this with straighteners) go to bed, then the next day your curls will be more loose. Use texturising products and mess it up with your hands. Her hair is quite fine too, so that look works best on fine hair.

ReputationRep:
    roll around in the bushes. dont comb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enigma373)
    roll around in the bushes. dont comb.
    lol :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Who's the guy in the 4th pic?

ReputationRep:
    just dont brush your hair for a few days!

ReputationRep:
    But it's really horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but it's not a good look. It's so rah! Messy and dull. she's only got her hair like that because it's got no volume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaylei)
    just dont brush your hair for a few days!
    Lol, this doesn't work, I hardly ever brush my hair and it's always looks alright.

Brushing my hair makes it go flat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Lol, this doesn't work, I hardly ever brush my hair and it's always looks alright.

Brushing my hair makes it go flat
    get a volume shampoo and conditioner and then when you blow dry your hair blow dry it upside down and then in the opposite directon to what you would normally then when 90% dry style it. Volume!

Look at Vids on Youtube on how to blowdry volume in to your hair. I am sure you can get a better style then this horrible one! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaBread)
    Who's the guy in the 4th pic?
    Connor Paolo (plays Eric van der Woodsen in Gossip Girl)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaylei)
    get a volume shampoo and conditioner and then when you blow dry your hair blow dry it upside down and then in the opposite directon to what you would normally then when 90% dry style it. Volume!

Look at Vids on Youtube on how to blowdry volume in to your hair. I am sure you can get a better style then this horrible one! :yep:
    I know how to add volume to my hair, just if I'm in a rush I let it dry wet, but if I dry it it goes flat.

ReputationRep:
    I use toni and guy beach curl spray which is really good and adds loads of volume. My hair is pretty wavy anyway and this really emphasises it.

When you wash your hair, don't brush it when it's wet. Use a comb if you must. Then use some form of texture/salt spray. Let it dry naturally. If your hair is really straight, you might want to twist some of the sections when it's wet so that you get a bit more texture or whatever. When it's alsmot dry, put some more of your spray in, tip your head upside down, and run your fingers through your hair/scrunch it about etc.

Depends what your hair is like naturally, but hopefully that would work. I usually go for a messy look and it works for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyd33)
    Connor Paolo (plays Eric van der Woodsen in Gossip Girl)
    Ahh ok thanks :p: he looked quite hot in that pic :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    easy, bleach it, get shortish layers, get a side fringe, use product to get the matte look, eg Dust it, its AMAZING.

http://www.hair1ukonline.co.uk/Produ...s-Dust-It.html

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.