Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok, some im an impatient extreme biker mofo who can't wait an extra week to buy his 3rd bike (long story).

anyways, so basiiiiically, I need to get an extra 40 quid or so this week, with the intention of paying it back literally 6 or 7 days later with my weekly paycheck (summer job innit).

it's a bit cheeky of me to borrow off friends or my employer, so would a planned overdraft with the bank or something be the best way to go?

thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a student account, will the overdraft be interest free? As long as you are going to pay it back and it a small amount it should be ok. Just be aware of the interest you may be charged on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SouthernFreerider)
    ok, some im an impatient extreme biker mofo who can't wait an extra week to buy his 3rd bike (long story).

anyways, so basiiiiically, I need to get an extra 40 quid or so this week, with the intention of paying it back literally 6 or 7 days later with my weekly paycheck (summer job innit).

it's a bit cheeky of me to borrow off friends or my employer, so would a planned overdraft with the bank or something be the best way to go?

thanks for any help

for such a small amount you will have to pay a pittance on interest. i'm £1800 into an overdraft and last time still only had to pay £13 interest so I shouldn't imagine you'd have to pay much, I'd say go for it!

ReputationRep:
    planned overdraft it is then

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you just wait? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BramsSTFU)
    Why can't you just wait? :confused:
    cause im impatient, haha.

plus: it means 1 extra week riding. which is all gooooood. the jumps are awaiting...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.