The Student Room Group

Average height of men in the UK??

Scroll to see replies

bigbhoy91
Im 5'11 too. I have always thought it used to be 5'10, but now with the recent influx of asians it has dropped to 5'9?
Oh dear :rolleyes: there are like what? 2 million Asian people in the UK out of 60 million total. They'd need an average height of about 3 and a 1/2 foot to drop the total population an inch.
Reply 21
Its 5'10 for men In Britain and 5'9 in France :p:

For women its 5'3 :smile:
MancStudent098
Oh dear :rolleyes: there are like what? 2 million Asian people in the UK out of 60 million total. They'd need an average height of about 3 and a 1/2 foot to drop the total population an inch.

if you total all the ethnic minorities together, their heights are bound to bring the average height of the UK down by an inch.
Reply 23
MancStudent098

Oh sorry, I didn't know that there are 60 million men in the UK...... :rolleyes:
Height is pretty deceptive because a lot of people sampled in the country to compile these averages have bad posture (curve their spine) which hide inches in height. Many people do this and beleive they are shorter than the actual height of their skeleton.

6' on the button btw.
I am 5"5 but I am only 15; hopefully I grow a bit more :awesome:
5'10 and still growing. :biggrin:
bigfatflanker
I guess here is the best place to put it lol. Whats the average height of men in the UK - I'm 5:11 atm.

5 ft 10 which is 178cm i think :smile:
so you're above average
bigbhoy91
Oh sorry, I didn't know that there are 60 million men in the UK...... :rolleyes:
Damnit. Men. Tschhh. I always forget there's more than one gender. Makes it awkward when I'm in bed with the missus I can tell you. Yeah anyway, divide both my numbers by half, I'm still right. So nah. :wink:

sil3nt_cha0s
if you total all the ethnic minorities together, their heights are bound to bring the average height of the UK down by an inch.
At a generous estimate they're about 15% of the population. They'd still all have to be absolute midgets to drop the population size by a significant amount.
Reply 29
fox_the_fix
Couldn't spare me a few inches? :biggrin:

wish i could ahaa.
Reply 30
Looking at some data I have the average is 5ft 7.5 inches for men in the UK based on results sampled in 1998.
Reply 31
I am 6ft 2 and Asian,so guess all the sterotypes and racists can just shut up?
Reply 32
5'9.5. Don't forget the half inch.
daveywavey
I'm 6'2"

C
o
o
l

s
t
o
r
y

b
r
o
MancStudent098
Damnit. Men. Tschhh. I always forget there's more than one gender. Makes it awkward when I'm in bed with the missus I can tell you. Yeah anyway, divide both my numbers by half, I'm still right. So nah. :wink:

At a generous estimate they're about 15% of the population. They'd still all have to be absolute midgets to drop the population size by a significant amount.

92% of the UK population are classed as "White British" or not from an ethnic minority group. 4% are classed as Asian and 2% Black. Some Asians are taller e.g. the majority of Sikhs and Blacks are taller than 177cm as well. Other significant ethnic groups such as Poles and Eastern Europeans are significantly taller so it balances out.
Skoji
5'9.5. Don't forget the half inch.

like i must be the shortest girl ever as im 5.2 :o: why oh why do i have to be short lol but it is nice to be hugged by tall people
Reply 36
kexy
I got measured by a high-tech machine today in Boots which told me my height was 5'8" which made me :smile:

Then it told my my weight, bmi and body fat. :frown:

well done, you are short and fat
Reply 37
mikey j
well done, you are short and fat

First, allow me to point out that the average height of men in the UK is around 5' 9.7", being less than 1.7" inch away from that does not make me short any more than being being 5' 10" would make me tall, it just makes me around average given the large population size that this average is applicable to.

Secondly, I'm well aware i'm overweight. I'm actually more aware than you of this fact. I'm also working hard to change it.

Thirdly, your mother didn't seem to complain last night. :smile:
Reply 38
kexy
First, allow me to point out that the average height of men in the UK is around 5' 9.7", being less than 1.7" inch away from that does not make me short any more than being being 5' 10" would make me tall, it just makes me around average given the large population size that this average is applicable to.

Secondly, I'm well aware i'm overweight. I'm actually more aware than you of this fact. I'm also working hard to change it.

Thirdly, your mother didn't seem to complain last night. :smile:

lol stupid fat short bitch. btw average height for young men is 5'11, so your 3 inches under.
Reply 39
I'm 5ft 10 :smile:

But my BMI is 18.6, so I think I need to gain more weight

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending