Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most romantic gesture you've given or received. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I dunno really... An annonymouse valentines day card, which I later found out was from the guy I had fancied like mad. He'd had to walk to miles to deliver it :')

I'd call myself a romantic, but not the tradtitional kind... I like cute type things, not chocolates and flowers XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d.b.asf)
    I made my boyfriend a book full of things that were personal to us, little memories and souvenirs all stuck in with notes about how much I love him. We now add to it and exchange it at birthdays/anniversaries etc.

The most romantic thing he did for me was when I had given up chocolate for lent but it was our anniversary, he got a box of forrero roches and put little notes about what he loves about me in the wrappers instead of the chocolates.
    Really lucky. You've got a gem of a guy.

Our most romantic moments have probably been words and kisses exchanged when lying in bed together. As far as gestures go, I'm not sure really, it's more the little things, spoken (or texted) words and little unplanned moments.

I can remember a few attempts at gesture which have backfired :p: We were putting on a romantic bath one time, but I got carried away playing with the fizzers. We had to get out after 5 minutes and shower down because it itched so bad

ReputationRep:
    A middle finger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    I once gave my girlfriend an onion for valentines day instead of flowers.

Baffled, I explained that an onion has many layers and ways to be there when you need it, and can be strong enough to brign tears to your eyes.

Not sure if that can be classed as romantic, but I prefer to think outside the box.
    Read Carol Ann Duffy's poem, 'Valentine.'

ReputationRep:
    I was recently diagnosed as coeliac and my boyfriend spent a day looking up gluten-free recipes to mail to me in a care package.

ReputationRep:
    Someone winked at me, don't know if the person's eye was itching

Chris

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me who would be really awkward if any of these things happened to them?

ReputationRep:
    It wasnt to me, but it absolutely made my day so just had to share it.

Today I had an exam (yes on a Saturday) and a couple got on the bus on the way to uni and the boyfriend kept reassuring his girlfriend that she was going to do really well. Afterwards, when I came out of the exam I saw the boyfriend walking towards the exam room, clearly going to meet his girlfriend with a bunch of flowers... It was soooo cute!! Just put a smile on my face!

ReputationRep:
    received an amazing hand job last night

ReputationRep:
    Got a joke valentines card from a mate. It was suppose to be 'anonymous' but his handwriting gave it away.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that she said Happy Valentines back. Words can mean a lot (although gifts are nice)!

ReputationRep:
    during a ldr with an ex girlfriend I told her that I couldn't come visit her for her birthday due to school exams. I endured the abuse I got for being so heartless and mean booked my train ticket. the train was then delayed and I was like oh crap never going to make the last bus and this guy overheard me and offered me a lift as he was going that way. legend of a guy but he did actually have a chain saw in his boot. I survived this and the total journey time of 6 hrs and sneaked into her house with the help of her mum. I then hugged her from behind and whispered happy birthday in her ear. I loved her but she went on to cheat on me twice :/. **** happens I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettylittlerichgirl)
    On behalf of all women, please don't buy your girlfriend an onion...
    Unless, of course, she likes onions so much it would beat presents like photo albums, heart holding teddies and chocolates.

I'll take the onion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a marriage proposal on TSR.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    How my boyfriend proposed - "Yasmin, we've been going out for 3 years now and living together for 2. We're clearly more than boyfriend and girlfriend so, fancy getting engaged?" Not even down on one knee haha. Didn't bother me though, I'm not into all the fancy stuff.

Serious though the most romantic thing he has done was take the full week off college to look after me when I had pneumonia last year and he cooked everything for me, watched movies with me, helped me walk since I was weak etc. He's bought me things and took me out on dates too but personally, what he done when I had pneumonia was the nicest thing by far.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    My husband, totally out of the blue, bought me a rose a couple of weeks ago. It was so unexpected and SO out of character for him - he's not normally known for his romantic gestures. Not even remotely.
    So for him that was pretty darned romantic.
    And we've been together over 12 years, so it's nice to be reminded now and again that he still loves me. I mean sure, he says it, but actions speak louder than words of course.
    It was lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Probably the most romantic thing I've had was Valentines this year. My boyfriend and I had decided not to do anything but had planned to spend the day together. So i turned up to his house and he led me into the kitchen and said, "I know we agreed not to do anything but I got you these anyway". He had bought me a massive box of Thornton's Chocolates and a bunch of 6 red roses :') I very nearly cried...then we shared the chocolates because I felt bad for not getting him anything

Other than that it's just simple things like text messages. I was in a bit of a depressed mood the other day because I was over-thinking about us being apart at uni and he sent me a text message which was really beautiful and just said how much he loves me and how I'm his 'perfect woman' I went to sleep feeling much more happy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.