The Student Room Group

Most romantic gesture you've given or received.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
dfjr
Armitage was the best there in terms of reading the poems well (except for that guy that went on about being half cast. He was very funny, lol.)

Well it has to be said, I did have a tiny (mega) crush on Simon. He's a definite silver fox. He can show me his anthology any day :wink:
Reply 41
My boyfriend made me a little book about the story of how we got together, he had kept little notes I had written to him in class etc and stuck them in :-)

He also took me out for a romantic meal and then booked a room in a lovely hotel, when I got there he had made a big heart made out of rose petals on the bed with rose petals leading up to it on the floor and champagne etc :-)
I don't know really... Made a little book full of photographs & memories of my boyfriend and I. He cried. :rofl: (Good thing. Also when we broke up it made him realise how much he loved me :woo:)
scott8anthony
I wrote (by hand might I add, :eek: :eek3: I know!) a geeky love letter expressing my devotion to a female friend I really liked at the time, that was extremely geeky and physics based, which took a few hours to think of. Unfortunately she didn't appreciate it and just gave it back to me! :frown:

S'just cruel.:console:
Reply 44
dfjr
Did Joey do that in Friends? I don't watch friends much, so I guarantee I didn't get that idea from friends (in fact I did actually in real life give half my sandwich to my girlfriend. I imagine a lot of people have perhaps done the same thing (then again it is a pretty romantic gesture, lol))

I don't think he ever gives half a sandwich away but at some point I think he actually lets a girl take some of his food. :eek:
And it's typically something Joey would rate as very romantic.
Pinklemonade-xo
S'just cruel.:console:

:sadnod: :thumbsdown: :indiff: :unsure: :sigh: :K: :mute: :hmmmm2: :s: :erm:
My ex boyfriend went to uni an hour away from where we lived and would often pop home for weekends. One weekend when I wasn't expecting him to be home, he came into where I have a saturday job and left a huggggee bunch of flowers behind reception before I'd arrived for workwith an anonymous note asking me to be his girlfriend (we'd been on a few dates prior to this and were getting to know each other). I rang him on my lunch break and he tried to deny all knowledge of them and was laughing at the idea, until he admitted they were from him.
Reply 47
mf2004
I don't think he ever gives half a sandwich away but at some point I think he actually lets a girl take some of his food. :eek:
And it's typically something Joey would rate as very romantic.

I thought most girls would find it romantic:yep:
d.b.asf
I made my boyfriend a book full of things that were personal to us, little memories and souvenirs all stuck in with notes about how much I love him. We now add to it and exchange it at birthdays/anniversaries etc.

The most romantic thing he did for me was when I had given up chocolate for lent but it was our anniversary, he got a box of forrero roches and put little notes about what he loves about me in the wrappers instead of the chocolates.

Arww. That would beee amazing with celebrations. He'd have to be an amazing unwrapper to get the chocolate out without breaking the seal too..
princessnavi22
I think you stole that from Carol Ann Duffy

I knew I'd heard of that somewhere. You've saved me 5 minutes on google :p:
Reply 50
Well a while ago my (now ex) girlfriend and I were going through a rough patch, but I really loved her and I desperately didn't want our relationship to end. So I ended up drawing a picture of the two of us, hand in hand, together at sunset, then I wrote on the back a rather lengthy note about how awesome she was and how much I loved her. It probably sounds mushy and horribly clingy, and I know my friends will ridicule me for this if they ever read it, but she loved it :smile: I gave it to her along with a purple flower I thought she'd like and she was over the moon <3
...but that's all in the past now :frown:
I ****** her dirty ass.
Reply 52
mf2004
Are you Joey ?:eek:

:rofl:

Come on guys, step up...

I PROPOSED...:eek: :love:
dfjr
Did Joey do that in Friends? I don't watch friends much, so I guarantee I didn't get that idea from friends (in fact I did actually in real life give half my sandwich to my girlfriend. I imagine a lot of people have perhaps done the same thing (then again it is a pretty romantic gesture, lol))

JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!!
Reply 54
MilitantSheep

I didn't say Joey shared food, mf2004 did.
For Valentine's Day my boyfriend sent me some gorgeous roses, gave me chocolates, a necklace, and a lovely dress. Then took me to dinner :smile:

In a non-material way, we broke up at one point and I was pretty cut up about it. I didn't think we were gonna talk again as we'd had a big fight the day before. I was walking home alone from the beach at night (party). He texted me asking how I was getting home. I replied with a sarcastic "alone, but it's fine" text. He asked where I was and I replied the place that we both live in. He drove around trying to find me. Eventually did, took me home, gave me a big hug and everything, and sorry when I was crying and everything. We got back together soon after. Awwww.
i showed this dear ring to my girlfriend at a party and was like omg guess what i got myself today!
And when she was almost sick of the bragging, i got on one knee in front of everyone and said 'I don't think i can materialize my love for you, not with my debit card balance anyway... but i guess this is as close as i can get. I love you.'

I just read it off my notebook now... :biggrin:
Reply 57
dfjr
I didn't say Joey shared food, mf2004 did.

That's what Joey says (shouts) when Monica looks at him weirdly when Rachel said he wouldn't give a grape to Emma (Rachel's baby)
MilitantSheep

I tought the exact same thing
Reply 58
*Examboy*
:rofl:

Come on guys, step up...

I PROPOSED...:eek: :love:

We have a winner
how ?
I went out with a guy for about 6 weeks, we'd been best friends for about 8 months before going out. We'd broken up, but were still close so as it was Valentines day, he had a single stem rose delivered to my door with a card that said 'one true love' on it.

I still have the card. It says in my 'momento' box from high school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending