ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Examboy*)
    :rofl:

Come on guys, step up...

I PROPOSED...:eek: :love:
    We have a winner
    how ?

ReputationRep:
    I went out with a guy for about 6 weeks, we'd been best friends for about 8 months before going out. We'd broken up, but were still close so as it was Valentines day, he had a single stem rose delivered to my door with a card that said 'one true love' on it.

I still have the card. It says in my 'momento' box from high school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mf2004)
    We have a winner
    how ?
    I didn't really...:ninja:

Joey says it to Ross in the Hospital episode with the misconception with Rachel...:rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not done to me.. but I knew a guy who found an especially beautiful butterfly. So he caught it with both his hands cupped, and carefully took it by bus over to his girlfriend's house - having to overcome obstacles such as trusting a stranger to get his bus fare out his pocket for him so he didn't lose or crush the butterfly. When he got there, he told her he had somthing to show her and opened his hands revealing the butterfly which stood there for a while before flying off.

I think it's very sweet anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    Unfortunately not done to me.. but I knew a guy who found an especially beautiful butterfly. So he caught it with both his hands cupped, and carefully took it by bus over to his girlfriend's house - having to overcome obstacles such as trusting a stranger to get his bus fare out his pocket for him so he didn't lose or crush the butterfly. When he got there, he told her he had somthing to show her and opened his hands revealing the butterfly which stood there for a while before flying off.

perhaps a bit mean to the butterfly...

ReputationRep:
    Really, really racking my brains here.

Someone once gave me a pen which had a smiley face on it, saying: "this pen reminds me of you - I think you should have it." The smiley face in question was :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)

That's beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Examboy*)
    I didn't really...:ninja:

Joey says it to Ross in the Hospital episode with the misconception with Rachel...:rolleyes: :p:
    ohhh cheater cheater compulsive eater

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    I think you stole that from Carol Ann Duffy
    I hadn't actually heard of Carol Ann Duffy to be perfectly honest. This is going back a few years for me.

Still no clue who she is. Maybe I should google her while I'm dealing with this annoying contact centre in the phillipines...

ReputationRep:
    My top few-

Geting up at six to bus over to her house on her birthday, and waiting outside her front door with a bunch of roses and diamond earrings untill she opened it to go to school and saw me.

Climbing through an open window to leave a teddy clutching a box of choclates on her pillow on Valentines Day.

Climbing a tree to carve her name at the very very top, above all the others.

Writing her name in 5 meter high letters in the snow of a field you can see from my bedroom window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mf2004)
    ohhh cheater cheater compulsive eater
    Oh be quiet smelly cat...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfjr)
    Armitage was the best there in terms of reading the poems well (except for that guy that went on about being half cast. He was very funny, lol.)
    John Agard - "long live the kettle!" :cool: He was amazing!

- seems a lot of us here have been to Poetry live, which is pretty cool. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepingSelene)
    John Agard - "long live the kettle!" :cool: He was amazing!

- seems a lot of us here have been to Poetry live, which is pretty cool. :yep:
    yeah it is him
    I'd recognise him from a mile off:http://www.stivoschool.org/English/G...termix.org.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piece_by_piece)
    He bought me a £150 bracelet. It wasn't even that romantic, I suppose he just couldn't think beyond jewellery. Anyway, we've broken up now and I sold the bracelet on e-bay. Kerching!
    you ungrateful b****, maybe you don't know the pressures of getting women the right presents, he's better off without you

ReputationRep:
    For our anniversary, my ex had created a little schedule of things for us to do throughout the day. He had a list of things we were going to do, written down in order, like going on a river boat over the Thames, then to an ice rink, and then to a restaurant for a romantic dinner. He even had directions written down, just in case he forgot how to get everywhere.
    The funniest thing was that he couldn't find the restaurant, so we ended up at McDonalds for dinner. :laugh: It was so funny, but sweet at the same time. :love:

ReputationRep:
    I made my boyfriend a big scrapbook when we had been going out for one year, booked us a surprise trip to dublin over valentines day.

He sends me flowers every once in a while, remembers silly things that I say and then will buy me something daft to do with it, tops up my phone when I'm on holiday so we can talk, gives me really amazing presents for occasions, and is just generally quite lovely.

ReputationRep:
    we weren't huge on gifts but the first time i met went to his to meet his parents, he took me to the park near to his house, looks over the whole of london and he said, 'i don't think one person in this city is as happy as I am with you'

then we went to waterloo, walked down the thames under the twinkly lights and fooled around on the river bank :o: then we got chased off by the police, AWESOME date. lol

what did i do for him? i swallowed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love.Angel.Music.Baby)
    what did i do for him? i swallowed :yep:
    can we date ?

ReputationRep:
    Someone gave me their last rolo.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    I once gave my girlfriend an onion for valentines day instead of flowers.

Baffled, I explained that an onion has many layers and ways to be there when you need it, and can be strong enough to brign tears to your eyes.

Not sure if that can be classed as romantic, but I prefer to think outside the box.
    thats incredibly cute

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.