The Student Room Group

Most romantic gesture you've given or received.

Scroll to see replies

My boyfriend drove 250 miles through the night to pick me up because I was really upset and needed to go home.
For Valentines Day this year my boyfriend made a dozen roses out of tissue paper and pipe cleaners. I thought it was adorable.
fleur_de_haine
Someone gave me their last rolo.:yep:

my boyfriend did this :smile: I'd been seeing him for about two weeks and when I got to his, he'd left his last rolo on the pillow for me :smile:

I think it was his way of saying "I want you to stick around with me" :o:

heh, it's the little every day things I like the most. Like the fact that when we're driving along, we can't stop at a traffic light without having a big kiss, and then the car behind gets annoyed if we haven't noticed the lights have changed :rolleyes:
Reply 83
Need to send a link to this to my boyfriend clearly...some of these stories are so sweet!
Reply 84
I used to get shouted at for never showing the pics I took of me and my friends so on my friend's 18th I bought her a nice little photoalbum with all the photos I'd taken of us over the past 3 years inside.

Guess that's more sentimental. Don't have any romantic stuff, sorry.
I brought my ex a big bunch of flowers to her work place once.
It had a bow and everything.
This thread makes me cry :frown: Yes, I am a guy. It's probably because I miss my ex though :frown:
Reply 87
Some of these are very nice, but some of them are so over the top it makes me sick in a strange way
Reply 88
climbed on top of a roof and through a window of a mate's house to get my GFs bag
wrote letters, allthough at the time they were pretty basic
stuck up for her

my last relationship was romantic in the sense I didn't give up. I kept thinking, there's a 1/10 or so chance that she is playing hard to get... I asked her to be frank and she said she wanted to meet soon etc... so I ended up looking like abit of an idiot, but at least I tried more than ever... :frown:
Reply 89
I once made dinner for a girl who broke down in tears and said it wasn't the nicest thing anyone had ever done for her. :curious:
Reply 90
Reaver
I once made dinner for a girl who broke down in tears and said it wasn't the nicest thing anyone had ever done for her. :curious:

llololl, you cant win
Reply 91
My boyfriend cooked for us last night and we watched the State of Origin (footy) together.

Yes thats romantic for us lol
Taiko
I once gave my girlfriend an onion for valentines day instead of flowers.

Baffled, I explained that an onion has many layers and ways to be there when you need it, and can be strong enough to brign tears to your eyes.

Not sure if that can be classed as romantic, but I prefer to think outside the box.

Carol ann Duffy?
did the london paper text page have the mention of someone who got chocolates on the train last week? :teeth:
Reply 94
dfjr
I gave half of my sandwich to my girlfriend.

Romantic I know :wink:

Some of the replies are making my romantic gesture look a bit lame.

Oh well time to self-assure myself that I'm a good boyfriend:
dfjr, you're awesome, you're the most unselfish person in the word. You're more than good enough for your girlfriend.

I feel much better now :wink:
d.b.asf
I made my boyfriend a book full of things that were personal to us, little memories and souvenirs all stuck in with notes about how much I love him. We now add to it and exchange it at birthdays/anniversaries etc.

The most romantic thing he did for me was when I had given up chocolate for lent but it was our anniversary, he got a box of forrero roches and put little notes about what he loves about me in the wrappers instead of the chocolates.

If someone gave me a box of ferrero roches with no actual chocolate in i would be furious.
Reply 96
Christ, I can't believe people actually do this stuff...
sprout.
Blow job.

haha someone give this guy a medal:laugh:
Reply 98
Swine Flu.
2 main romantic things that my boyfriend has done for me. We've been in an LDR the past year, though it's just finished :smile:

First thing was that we couldn't be together for my 18th in February, so last Saturday he told me we were going into town to go shopping, then when we got there he said that actually we were going up to London for the day as a surprise to see The Lion King in the West End (something I have always wanted to see) to make up for not being together for my 18th :biggrin: So we went up and went on the London Eye and to the Aquarium and had lunch and dinner out, then went on the see The Lion King which was INCREDIBLE! And he treated me to all of it which was so amazing of him. Most romantic thing that's ever happened to me - I am so difficult to surprise as I am really suspicious and sneaky lol

Second thing, we couldn't be together for our 1 year anniversary which was also the date of the Christmas Ball, so he sent a massive bunch of flowers and a corsage to me at college. I was pulled out of a Lit lesson by the librarian and got handed this HUGE bunch of flowers with a little tag just saying that he loved me and wished he could be there which was really cute :biggrin:

Ahhhh I love my boyfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending