Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most romantic gesture you've given or received. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I paid for a message to be put up in Lights in Times Square telling him I loved him.

Turned out he didn't deserve it, but i'm glad I did it. It's the sort of thing I would have liked someone to do for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I paid for a message to be put up in Lights in Times Square telling him I loved him.

Turned out he didn't deserve it, but i'm glad I did it. It's the sort of thing I would have liked someone to do for me.
    it can't have been as bad as, after 18 months of romantic gestures, caring, being there, being dumped on your birthday...:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    it can't have been as bad as, after 18 months of romantic gestures, caring, being there, being dumped on your birthday...:o:
    Erm actually it was worse. Much worse than that. But I don't see why comparing is necessary.

ReputationRep:
    I was given 10 litres of Duckhams 20w50 oil for Christmas one year. I had to go and get it myself and then give it her to wrap, mind...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Erm actually it was worse. Much worse than that. But I don't see why comparing is necessary.
    it's not necessary just fun, at least for me, you don't like sharing war stories?
    I guess I'm at the stage where I can laugh about it.

ReputationRep:
    it's not necessary just fun, at least for me, you don't like sharing war stories?
    I guess I'm at the stage where I can laugh about it.
    I don't share personal details of my life on TSR, outside of what I feel comfortable doing.

And no it isn't fun for me. I could compare war stories but then your comment that my experience couldn't be as bad as yours would make you look silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I don't share personal details of my life on TSR, outside of what I feel comfortable doing.

And no it isn't fun for me. I could compare war stories but then your comment that my experience couldn't be as bad as yours would make you look silly.

:rolleyes:
    I wasn't saying it as a serious comment, how can you not tell that.
    Please stop being thick, I'm sure it doesn't suit you.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    I wasn't saying it as a serious comment, how can you not tell that.
    Please stop being thick, I'm sure it doesn't suit you.
    I'm sure you went through a horrible experience, hopefully you have moved on and have a happy life now.

ReputationRep:
    how to miss the point completely:

(Original post by Sarky)
    I'm sure you went through a horrible experience, hopefully you have moved on and have a happy life now.

How to react to said missingness* of point:

:facepalm2:

(*was how I made up a new word)

ReputationRep:

Just because I chose not to comment or retaliate with childish insults does not mean I did not understand. This thread isn't the place for it. If it is that important to you then put it in a PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Some of these are very nice, but some of them are so over the top it makes me sick in a strange way
    Can you really be too romantic though ?

ReputationRep:

Apparently your inbox is full!

ReputationRep:
    about a week before valentines day, at a dingy pub. I went to the toilet, came back and he was sitting there with a single rose. i almost cried. he's not big on romance, so that was a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    Probably my boyfriend getting my name tattoed, other than that lots of lovely presents . One time when I was younger this slightly strange Italian boy on holiday wrote me a song, was quite nice if a bit creepy, I hadn't even kissed him or anything.

Oh and my boyfriend is moving down to Bristol with me because I'm going to university there, that is quite romantic I think.

ReputationRep:
    One of my exes composed a ragtime for me, which was really sweet, and took me down to the music rooms at uni to play it for me in the middle of the night; he was also the first boy to ever get me flowers. I got roses on Valentine's Day, which was a massive surprise since even his best friend didn't think he'd be that romantic

The guy I was with before that started a scrapbook for Christmas, writing about our joint adventures and general good things about the relationship and us, which we sort of added to and exchanged every so often. By far the cheesiest thing I have ever done in my life, but you know, it's not so bad when you're sincere about it, I reckon. When we'd been going out a 100 days, he actually wrote down 100 reasons why he loved me. Which is aww if ever there was one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilitantSheep)
    He took me to a really posh restaurant for my 21st because I'd said that I wanted to go there but I'd never be allowed in because the celebrities go there. He went mad and booked the table there and then, he said that he wasn't having me thinking like that because nobody was better than me.
    Ignore it all, he just dumped me over the phone.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :zomg: :erm: :unsure: :indiff: :sigh: :nooo:

Awww what a horrible person he is! :console:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I thought that was the nicest one.

ReputationRep:
    My first boyfriend gave me a thinking Me 2 U bear for our 1 month anniversary, along with a long note of things he likes about me. He likes to write poetry so it was all very well written and meaningful.

Another ex got front row tickets to see Wicked in the West End, which was amazing! He also brought home a bottle of rose wine after I was a little annoyed with him about something.

My now boyfriend wrote me a poem even though he reaaaaaly isn't the cheesy romantic type, and bought me roses on valenties day even though we had broke up.

ReputationRep:
    I just did the angry pirate to my girlfriend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.