Turn on thread page Beta

Most romantic gesture you've given or received. watch

ReputationRep:
    The first time I visited my boyfriend was over new years and we had decided to go to London, after dinner he dragged me across town to surprise me with tickets to Avenue Q.

I think that the most romantic things we do nowadays is small things like writing in the steam on the bathroom mirror, or doing the washing up without being asked. Not that much but still very nice.

ReputationRep:
    I went to where my ex-boyfriend lived and not far from his house I wrote with chalk on the pavement "I love you very much".

Sounds very cheesy and I am not sure what he thought of it =/

ReputationRep:
    my bf hug (or catch) me when i jump during my sleep.

ReputationRep:
    me and my boyfriend make our friends sick with our romantic stories, but you are actually asking for them in this thread lol.

im currently making him a book of all our train/cinema stubs, photos, letters and notes etc because we have to break up in three weeks (he's going to uni, im taking a gap year) and ive painted him a couple of pictures of us together

we had a terrible fight not so long ago, over absolutely nothing. i went home but that night he drove round to my house and said he had a surprise, it was a lovely ornate bird cage (something i had alwwways wanted) with a little notebook inside. bless.

he wrote a song about me and his band have played it at a good few of their gigs.

he didnt ask me out face to face - he wrote it on the small of my back in marker and told me i could read it when he left.

for my birthday he got me a polaroid camera, even though i told him not to get me anything, and again, it was something i had always always wanted. (awesome at gifts this man!)

the first time he said he loved me i was falling asleep in his arms in the dark in a hotel room bed, and he just sort of whispered it, as if he thought i was asleep already, and i couldnt speak for ages (we had just been FWB) and just squeezed him back.

he leaves me notes everytime he's over, i do the same when im at his. plus his compliments are really really genuine, its none of this "you're hot" nonsense. The two i always remember are "You look so beautiful tonight it actually hurts" and "Right now... I cant look at you and talk to you at the same time, you make it hard to breathe"

This thread makes me smileeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diskoteck)
    me and my boyfriend make our friends sick with our romantic stories, but you are actually asking for them in this thread lol.

im currently making him a book of all our train/cinema stubs, photos, letters and notes etc because we have to break up in three weeks (he's going to uni, im taking a gap year) and ive painted him a couple of pictures of us together

we had a terrible fight not so long ago, over absolutely nothing. i went home but that night he drove round to my house and said he had a surprise, it was a lovely ornate bird cage (something i had alwwways wanted) with a little notebook inside. bless.

he wrote a song about me and his band have played it at a good few of their gigs.

he didnt ask me out face to face - he wrote it on the small of my back in marker and told me i could read it when he left.

for my birthday he got me a polaroid camera, even though i told him not to get me anything, and again, it was something i had always always wanted. (awesome at gifts this man!)

the first time he said he loved me i was falling asleep in his arms in the dark in a hotel room bed, and he just sort of whispered it, as if he thought i was asleep already, and i couldnt speak for ages (we had just been FWB) and just squeezed him back.

he leaves me notes everytime he's over, i do the same when im at his. plus his compliments are really really genuine, its none of this "you're hot" nonsense. The two i always remember are "You look so beautiful tonight it actually hurts" and "Right now... I cant look at you and talk to you at the same time, you make it hard to breathe"

This thread makes me smileeee
    Awwwww that is very very sweet!

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's a very messy eater. One day months ago he told me that he usually has to watch how he eats in front of other females, but he feels so comfortable around me he can act normally, and eat like a pig. Ain't it sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Gave my ex a box of reasons why I loved her, with about 60 different things written on different bits of small paper. Now it'd be more like 60 things I can't stand about her. How times change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rinascimento)
    For Valentines Day this year my boyfriend made a dozen roses out of tissue paper and pipe cleaners. I thought it was adorable.
    Aww that's lovely! I think i'd rather have that than real roses; more effort put into it and they'd last longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilitantSheep)
    Ignore it all, he just dumped me over the phone.

aahahahaha. If thats a joke, funny.
    If its not a joke. Harsh. (aka, funny)

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I love this thread.

My boyfriend set an alarm on my phone that woke me up on my 18th birthday with a little message, and a "first clue." I followed a series of clues around my house, even finding a video he'd uploaded to a folder on my computer of him reading out the next clue, haha. It eventually led me to a set of co-ordinates, and I jumped in my car and followed them to a carefully decorated card and parcel. Inside the parcel was one of those plastic 5x5 photo wallet wall hangings (which I'd mentioned wanting) and a massively enlarged photo of us cut into 25 pieces, wrapped up in a faux jigsaw box reading "The Nat and Ross Jigsaw". On the photo it said something about how he couldn't afford the pink helicopter I'd jokingly asked for, but maybe next year, and that he loved me :P

And when we'd dated a month he asked me what my favourite flower was, and I said forget-me-nots, and joked that he couldn't buy me them because you don't get bunches of forget-me-nots. So he bought me a sterling silver bracelet with tiny charms of real forget-me-nots trapped in glass, and a matching necklace.

And and and the night before last he picked me up from work, took me to a Chinese and then to the park where he asked me out. He bought a blanket cos it was cold, but it was pitch black. He was like "Oh I'm sorry it's so dark, I didn't realise it'd be this dark yet!" for a couple of minutes... And then produced an entire bag of tealights and started lighting them around us. <3

He's a very sweet boy and I really don't deserve him. I know you've asked for the most romantic thing, but actually, having said all that stuff, I think the thing I prize the most happened the other night, but I don't think you can count it as romantic.

We were talking at about 1am, and I was moaning really pathetically about not having my usual brand of tampon in the house, and how the ones I was using were hurting me. (For him to listen to that at all is sweet enough, haha!) And he left the house... and since his car was broken down (a classic Mini, what do you expect :p:) he jogged 45 minutes to the nearest open shop, and asked two female shop assistants for help finding what I wanted before spending his last fiver on them. I felt so bad I made him a "man pack" present with beer and food and stuff to make him feel more manly again after having to buy tampons hahah.

Ahh, I like this thread very much, it makes me want to huggle him, and everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    The two i always remember are "You look so beautiful tonight it actually hurts" and "Right now... I cant look at you and talk to you at the same time, you make it hard to breathe"
    Aw, I love really sweet compliments like that. Hold onto that one

I think the nicest thing my boyfriend's ever said to me was when I'd been crying and my makeup was everywhere and my eyes were puffy and I mumbled something about looking a state, and he said, "I've never seen you look anything other than desperately pretty."

ReputationRep:
    for my ex's 18th birthday i sent her 18 red roses...but the flower shop only sent 17, i then gave her the 18th later that night.

for our first anniversary i made a photo album of the 2 of us, complete with hand wrote comments underneath.

fo our second year anniversary i made a memory box in the shape of a heart, filled with miniture things that were significant to the relationship. i also made a book with 20 ways of saying I love you in different languages. Also i was moving out of the country for a year so made a book and wrote things in it to remind her of me when i coudn't b there.

For one Valentine's day I said i couldn't come home from uni cos i had too much on that weekend. But drove up and suprised her.

Thats as about as romantic as I've got

ReputationRep:
    Letters and other little things I've forgotten. Romance is relative, I can't think of anything I've done that was especially romantic

ReputationRep:
    Haven't had much romance, maybe the most romantic thing was receiving odd presents. Oh, I'd love to have some of the romantic gestures people have said here! *wistful*

ReputationRep:
    I haven't experienced romance yet. Ah well, uni next year.

ReputationRep:
    On our second date we had gone for a meal on the south bank. We walked past the london eye and she mentioned how she had never been on it before. I ran off into the tickets booth and got us two. She loved it and we had our first kiss at the top.

I've given her random little cards sometimes and left notes telling her I love her. Bought her some real pearl earrings once cos she always used to wear the fake ones. She lost one and cried for ages.

When she was away for 6 weeks I sent her a few parcels with notes of why I loved her and magazines and things I knew she would like.

When she got back I planned a whole weekend including a picnic with champagne and lobster and truffles. It was really nice.

She told me how she wants to marry me, that was the most awesome thing.

ReputationRep:
    The two i always remember are "You look so beautiful tonight it actually hurts" and "Right now... I cant look at you and talk to you at the same time, you make it hard to breathe"
    Bleurghhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love.Angel.Music.Baby)
    we weren't huge on gifts but the first time i met went to his to meet his parents, he took me to the park near to his house, looks over the whole of london and he said, 'i don't think one person in this city is as happy as I am with you'

then we went to waterloo, walked down the thames under the twinkly lights and fooled around on the river bank :o: then we got chased off by the police, AWESOME date. lol

what did i do for him? i swallowed :yep:
    That's quite possibly the sweetest thing I've ever heard and yes, the date does sound awesome :yep:

Wrote a letter to a guy I really like telling him how much & why I like him. Needless to say he just ignored the letter and is now going out with my friend. And yes I know I shouldn't like him still...

ReputationRep:
    bought her flip-flops

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.