Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most romantic gesture you've given or received. Watch

ReputationRep:
    After feeling annoyed abt student finance & worrying abt how I'm going to survive without my loans, he proposed to give me all his bank account & savings account money for me to use until I get them =D

& I am still thinking of how I can do better. . =s

ReputationRep:
    I get kisses in my birthday cards :awesome:

Now I'm a bit older I couldn't care less tbh :yep: romance to me wouldn't be a £15 bunch of flowers, it would be a £15 train ticket to come and see me.

ReputationRep:
    My ex wrote me a 4 page love letter and countless poems. Still have them, but can't bring myself to read them...

He came to my house in the middle of the night to propose...

It's a shame we'd broken up six months earlier and I had a new boyfriend.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I gave my ex-gf a teddy I'd had since I was 1 year old ;D

ReputationRep:
    i gave my gf (now ex ) a heart keyring and it split in two and i had a half and her a half

ReputationRep:
    So is singing to your gf classed as romantic? (assuming you have a decent voice)

ReputationRep:
    I filled a book with reasons why I love him. Yep. Soppy.

It took me ages to do, and drew or found pictures, poems and song lyrics to go with each of the reasons! Took me weeks to do, but in the end I came up with so many reasons! I gave it to him after we had a massive fight and that made it all ok hehe

The most romantic thing ever done for me was when I was on holiday, my ex built us a summer house in his back garden, that we could stay in for the rest of summer. He painted it, filled it with yellow roses (my favourite) and bought me a necklace as well! He was lovely and looked after me so well! Sigh. xxx

ReputationRep:
    When I was in junior in high school there were always events leading up to the homecoming football game. The week always started with a talent show. I was sitting in the audience and for some reason my friends made sure I was sitting at the end of the row at the middle aisle. About half way through a guy I had had a crush on came on to the stage and began singing the song "Can't help falling in love with you." He had on a tuxedo and looked so handsome. As he was singing he walked down the steps of the stage and walked into the middle aisle. He stopped beside me but at first did not look at me. Then as he began the last verse he turned to me and reached out his hand to me and as surprised as I was I took it and he gently pulled me up and began to sing "Take my hand, take my whole for I can't help falling in love with you, for I can't help falling in love with you." As he sang the last "for I can't help falling in love with you" his voice lowered and he looked directly in my eyes. As he finished he asked me if I would go to the homecoming dance with him. I could barely get the word yes out. He then resang the last verse and a friend of his come over handed him a single rose which he then gave to me. He had been setting it up for weeks. It was so romantic, every girl in school was jealous that a guy would do something so romantic just to ask me out.

Jenny

ReputationRep:
    Probably not that amazing but my ex bought me lots of little christmas presents once with post-it notes written on the top explaining why they'd bought each one and their relevance to me. It was very sweet.

Other than that a different ex bought me a laptop once which was less romantic per se but more 'quids in' as it were. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I think the best one i got was from my current boyfriend of 6 months (but has been my best friend for two years, best friends make the best couples my friend says :love: ) He was away on my birthday because he went to America at the beginning of august, so the day he came round mine for a parents-meet-the-parents bbq the day before he left he brought a bag full of things for me, that included two of his t-shirts (one i didn't give back hehe) and his top man jacket, His photo album, his mini blow up doll which we call busty betty and a letter which he called "The Book Of Charley" which had his favourite memories of us together, when and how he fell in love with me, songs that remind him of me on a cd that was in the front and loads of other things. And also because he was away for my birthday he had a bunch of white roses and freesias sent to me :love:

I think the best i've done is for the same, current boyfriend and it's his birthday on friday and i've brought him (Amoungst other things) a secret arrow, it's metal and if you pull the tip off it reveals a scroll of paper which i wrote on and put in ( He likes the Rocky movies so i put i love quote between Adrian and Rocky on it as well as a clue which will lead him to a letter that i've hidden in a framed picture of us which i'm also giving him). And when he went to America i made him (from scratch) a scrapbook of us and a mini bound book with 25 reasons why i love him in it, and i gave him my "live strong" band, my favourite hoodie and my journal to take with him as well as writing him a letter for everyday that he was away, which he didn't find out till he was in America because i put the all in one envelope which he opened once he got there :love:

Sorry this is so long =)

ReputationRep:
    Once when my ex and I had had an argument, the next day we were pretty much over it but still being kind of pissy with eachother while were talking on MSN. He said he'd be right back because he was going for a shower, and instead cycled the four or five miles to my house to give me a hug. It's the little things like that that I like, screw cards and chocolates.

Girl told me 4 weeks previously nobody had ever gave her a real rose. Not in a hinting way, just cos there was someone selling plastic ones on the street. 4 weeks later I show up to meet her with a bunch roses.

I thought that was pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    I once scaled my last boyfriend's dangerously high garden wall when drunk by piling up various objects including an abandoned sofa and a wheelie bin. Then fell asleep, well passed out I suppose, in his garden until he found me. Perhaps not that romantic as such.

urgh I miss him.

ReputationRep:
    I was with a group of friends and we were showing each other pictures on our phones of unbelievably cute things (as you do). People were showing pictures of baby ducklings (aww), baby seals (awww) and kittens and balls of string and stuff (awwww). The kind of thing that makes you vomit, you know how it is. Anyway, the object of my desires walked into the room. Without thinking about it, I said 'good timing. We're showing pictures of cute things. Show us a picture of you and you'll win instantly.'

Not overly romantic to anybody else, but I'm not good at this flirting thing.

ReputationRep:
    some chick said "hello" to me the other day...that was a pretty big moment i guess.

ReputationRep:
    not really had the oppurtunity yet, lucky me :p: , but just talking can be really romantic. nice to see all loves not gone out of the world yet though

ReputationRep:
    A couple years ago my Grandma died and her funeral was being held in Italy. My bf (now ex) couldn't come because my parents were totally against our relationship (because he was part Indian and I'm Italian), so he had the most beautiful flowers sent anonymously to the funeral with a heartfelt condolence note. He never admitted it was him, but I always knew it was.

ReputationRep:
    :bump:

I started this thread years ago, and now I want to read more updates

ReputationRep:
    My ex-boyfriend wrote an acrostic (? - the one where it spells your name at the side) poem for my 16th birthday. It was typed up, the font in green (my favourite colour), signed, dated and framed. It's beautiful.
    He was (still is) a big poet and romantic, though, and I have a boxful of written letters and poems. But that one was the best.

(I also got green flowers from him once, too as he turned up at my doorstep. The only thing though was my cat ate them within a day of having them!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.