Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Does anyone remember this EPIC program? I saw it today for the first time in yonks, and remember thinking how much I wanted to appear on it, and still do! It's a shame they stopped making it in 1995.
    It doesn't prevent me from finding the set it was filmed on and breaking into it... :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yehhh I remember the people jumping in the end for the tickets in the globe thing. I was like 5 years old when i lat watched this i think.

ReputationRep:
    I love it!

I don't have Challenge in my new flat now though :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    It was the best If you find the set and need an accomplice for the break in I'm up for it!

ReputationRep:
    OH YES!!! This was the reasoning for me wanting my middle name to be Maze LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    Yehhh I remember the people jumping in the end for the tickets in the globe thing. I was like 5 years old when i lat watched this i think.
    GLOBE?! It's the DOME!

ReputationRep:
    Yep was great!
    Last time I watched it was around a year ago, good old Challenge

Ooo and my school even had Crystal Maze books, they were... interesting

Should bring the programme back though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    GLOBE?! It's the DOME!
    Ahhhh that's right thanks

ReputationRep:
    it was freaking awesome i loved it

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I used to watch it all the time, it was brilliant. Wish they made stuff as good these days

Ah, my friend Kieron and I would set up tasks around the house. Such as shooting a water-containing cube constructed from carefully folded card with a BB gun, to writing down clues on pieces of paper to have a mystery game. At the end we wanted to simulate the Crystal Dome by cutting up more pieces of paper, colouring them and letting them blow around due to the fan.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I vaguely recall tuning in to watch it, a long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    It was...and is still amazing.

It is always on Challenge at about 10 or 11 on a Saturday morning and it is the BEST hangover TV.

ReputationRep:
    yeah!! Oh, these shows.. i also used to watch Fort Boyard, lol. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Count me into the break in too

Hahaha I LOVED the aztec zone!!!! :P

ReputationRep:
    It was awesome, they should show it more often on channels I have so I don't have to keep watching clips on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    :love:

Epic show. I was destined to go on it! Then they cancelled it.

Then Fort Boyard came along, which was also awesome, then they cancelled that too :sad:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    That was the best show EVER .
    Although it was slightly cringey when Mumsy flirted with all the male contestants :eek:.

Me and my sister used to play our own version, which basically involved running over the chairs and sofa and reaching up for the 'crystal' on top of the piano.

Did anyone else have the board game and computer game?

A while ago I came across a website where an old contestant talked about how it was filmed etc...it ruined the magic a bit .

ReputationRep:
    I LOVED it.
    I liked Aztec the best. Was a bit scared of Futuristic

ReputationRep:
    DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUNDUN

DUN

DUN

DUN

DUN
    DUN
    DUN

DUNNERNERNENR
    DUN NERNERNENRNER
    DUN NERNENRNE

DUN
    DUN

Alright team, you got 1 gold, and fifty silver.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.