Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I watched it this morning , but seriously, I have never seen a team win, and they always seem to get about a billion silver notes! Just don't pick them up!

ReputationRep:
    i watched it earlier too. it annoys me so much though. they choose the biggest retards ever. nobody ever wins.

and the way the bald guy grabs their hands and takes them to a new zone by skipping along. it's just like, just jog!!!

ReputationRep:
    The host guy was well funny, proper eccentric
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    Ah, my friend Kieron and I would set up tasks around the house. Such as shooting a water-containing cube constructed from carefully folded card with a BB gun, to writing down clues on pieces of paper to have a mystery game. At the end we wanted to simulate the Crystal Dome by cutting up more pieces of paper, colouring them and letting them blow around due to the fan.
    I did that! I thought I was a sad loser...

ReputationRep:
    yup i used to lovee it i think the bold guy who presented it was better than the other guy with hair but yh it still comes on nowadays challenge tv:proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    GLOBE?! It's the DOME!
    TOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE CRYSTAL DOME!!!!!!!!!!

Was so much better with Richard O'Brian but was still epic with Ed Tudor Pole

ReputationRep:
    Was only good when Richard O'Brien was on it. I like the Industrial zone best.

Did anyone remember the crystal maze computer game?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If they made a one-off I would KILL OFF all the other people who applied to be contestants. Otherwise, who is up for a break-in?

AND- I read somewhere that the eccentric guy had been considered as a bassist in the Sex Pistols!

ReputationRep:
    Got a lot of love for The Crystal Maze. Though the first presenter creeped me out a bit. As did the Ocean zone, for some reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airel)
    DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUNDUN

DUN

DUN

DUN

DUN
    DUN
    DUN

DUNNERNERNENR
    DUN NERNERNENRNER
    DUN NERNENRNE

DUN
    DUN

Alright team, you got 1 gold, and fifty silver.
    Epic.

Just, epic.

I remember it well

EDIT: Did anyone go to the real Crystal Maze things? There was one at a bowling alley in Coventry when I was a kid. You used to have to do tasks the same as the show, and at the end you were put into the crystal dome and had to smack the crystal lights when they flashed up.

It was AWESOME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MewMachine)
    I LOVED it.
    I liked Aztec the best. Was a bit scared of Futuristic
    Ooo me too

And according to good old Wikipedia, it was filmed at Shepperton Studios in Surrey, and was later moved to a hanger at North Weald Airlfield :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Epic.

Just, epic.

I remember it well

EDIT: Did anyone go to the real Crystal Maze things? There was one at a bowling alley in Coventry when I was a kid. You used to have to do tasks the same as the show, and at the end you were put into the crystal dome and had to smack the crystal lights when they flashed up.

It was AWESOME
    :O I actually remember that up at Walsgrave :p: I LOVED IT!!! I just wish that they'd never replaced it with the rather crappy Laser Quest :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Mandy ~)
    That was the best show EVER .
    Although it was slightly cringey when Mumsy flirted with all the male contestants :eek:.

Me and my sister used to play our own version, which basically involved running over the chairs and sofa and reaching up for the 'crystal' on top of the piano.

Did anyone else have the board game and computer game?

A while ago I came across a website where an old contestant talked about how it was filmed etc...it ruined the magic a bit .
    I've seen that site but he hasn't finished it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)

Epic show. I was destined to go on it! Then they cancelled it.

Then Fort Boyard came along, which was also awesome, then they cancelled that too
    Ohh I was gonna mention that! Great show I love the theme tune:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZOntWLgHk8

That show looked so much fun, and so easy too

ReputationRep:
    awesome, awesome show

ReputationRep:
    I used to love this and Fort Boyard :p:
    I miss challenge tv now i've not got sky

ReputationRep:
    Automatic Lock-In :yep:

Those were the best games.

Whenever it's on Challenge, I still find myself screaming at the tv at the hopeless contestants.

Oh and who can forget...

"Can you START THE FAAAANS, PLEASE!"

ReputationRep:
    That show was immense, though I never understood why they continued to grapple with the tickets in the air when there was bundles at the bottom of the dome, they should have just picked them all up then put them in the container.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Leanne Antonia)
    It was...and is still amazing.

It is always on Challenge at about 10 or 11 on a Saturday morning and it is the BEST hangover TV.
    That's exactly why I made this thread. I was hungover and watched it today.

ReputationRep:
    oh i remember the crystal maze. you can watch some of it on youtube and some are on torrents. i loved that show because it was a childhood thing that i'd watch with my mum and dad and my younger sister lol

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.