Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met this guy online a few weeks ago, we have a few mutual friends and we are both going away to the same uni in september. We've been talking online for about 6 hours a day every day, we text each other everyday. Now he told me he just broken up with gf (she cheated on him) and i just broke up with my bf so we both understood each other, got on really well. and then about 3 nights ago, he was on webcam, and then he went ofline. since then Ive texted him but no reply. his phone is off, his fb hasnt updated, he seriously has just gone.

Now i'm not sure if i said something to offend him. or if he's ill, but its soo strange, do you think he's avoiding me? or has blocked me or something? an idea? anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should just wait and see what happens..You never know what might have happened at the other end. Dead internet connection, the computer isn't working, etc...Anything could've happened, it doesn't necessarily mean he's gone off you..

EDIT: oh yea, the texts..If he doesn't reply to anything in a few days then try calling his mates and ask them where he's gone :dontknow:?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's gone to the Other Realm, like on Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

or just ill.

ReputationRep:
    he wasn't planning a trip to the bemuda triangle was he?

nah seriously he's probly ill or just been busy or without internet or something. They'll be a really innocent explanation

ReputationRep:
    sorry but this just reminds me of that book hes just not that into you (yeah got it free with glamour mag lol)

might sound really harsh but dont try and make up excuses/reasons, i think you should just leave it. you've already text him, if he wants to get back in touch he can.

ReputationRep:
    You better call Ghostbusters love.

ReputationRep:
    give it some time and see what happens.

true story - similar thing happened to me, except it ended up many months later when i found him on facebook that his msn had a virus, his phone had a virus and therefore all methods of communication had been stumped. don't know if he was telling the truth or lying to this day, still in touch but a bit wary to be honest... with guys, i wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.. not to sound to cliched, but tis the goddamn truth.

ReputationRep:
    How about make another account under a different name and add him. See if he comes online and if he does then you know he's blocked you. Sign into 2 accounts at the same time - your real and fake ones.

(Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)
    How about make another account under a different name and add him. See if he comes online and if he does then you know he's blocked you. Sign into 2 accounts at the same time - your real and fake ones.

considering this, i'm really impatient and I can't wait:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    considering this, i'm really impatient and I can't wait:o:
    I know the exact feeling. If you find he has blocked you, play the dumb one for a while and be someone else. Mess with his head for a while then burst the bubble that it's actually you :evil:

(Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)
    I know the exact feeling. If you find he has blocked you, play the dumb one for a while and be someone else. Mess with his head for a while then burst the bubble that it's actually you :evil:

No need. i got a text this morning, his uncle died,

ReputationRep:
    Ah, well least you know why now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.