Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I haven't had a relationship in 6 years. And I was that young then, it wasn't even a proper one.
    Now i'm older i feel ready for one. Everything im my life at the moment seems to be going right and i'd like someone to "enhance" me.
    I feel like if I don't find someone now, or at least start, then I never will experience it when i'm old.
    I'm not going to go out looking for a relationship, but i don't go out. To clubs pubs ect. It's just not my scene?
    So where would i meet someone?

ReputationRep:
    Go out more with friends, get to meet new people through different groups of friends. As cliche as it is, join some group or club that you have an interest in, and that way you could meet someone with common interests. I wouldn't suggest going out with the sole intention of finding someone to date, just try and make new friends and see what happens. Pubs and clubs are quite different from each other, clubs are a lot more intense, and a pub could just be another location to meet friends and chat, so maybe give the pub scene a go.

ReputationRep:
    Where ever you meet people you meet potential lovers/husbands/wives/life partners. Admittedly it's harder at Tesco than at speed-dating, but not unheard of.

ReputationRep:
    I always think that its more likely to happen when you least expect it. Is there anything like clubs or societies that you can go to that are relevant to your interests, there may be some people that you will get on well with. Just keep an open mind and i can assure you someone will come along

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not going to go out looking for a relationship, but i don't go out. To clubs pubs ect. It's just not my scene?
    So where would i meet someone?
    What is your scene / what are your interests ?

Also practice meeting new people, start conversations with people you don't know. Start a conversation with the person serving you in the shop, the person behind you in a queue, the person opposite you on the train.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.