Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a first year doing business at aston undergrad and not sure whether to stay in Stafford tower which I've been offered by Aston or stay in The Heights. Do many first years stay at the Heights? And is it social? Reaosn I'm asking is I;m changing from another uni having failed the course so I've already had an eventful first year going out etc so I don;t want to do that again and I assume Stafford will be loud and I want to concentrate on my studies yet make friends etc and go out out sometimes but I;m not sure if heights is mostly second or third years. I hope that makes sense I wrote it in a rush!

ReputationRep:
    Stay in Stafford!!!!!!! A few first years stay in heights but the whole of stafford is more likely to be first years... and STANDARD social life is amazing, it much cheaper. AND i guarantee you will LOVE IT. I originally applied for Lakeside and didnt get it but got DALTON and then i went to find height but UNFORTUNATELY at the time it was all booked out... but i am so glad HAS STAYING in towers was the best thing ever. I ACTUALLY REALLY MISS IT. Yeahh heights is mainly 2nd and 3rd years...!!!! x x x

ReputationRep:
    Definitely stay on campus, you'll get more of the experience and feel you need for 1st year. I don't really know many people from my year who stayed in The Heights during 1st year, it was mostly 2nd year onwards. I guess it's sociable but you might have people from different unis, different courses and it might be harder to do things with them. Stafford can be loud but it depends on who you're with and what time it is. Go with ear plugs

ReputationRep:
    im staying in heights and im a first year applicant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thug05)
    im staying in heights and im a first year applicant
    Are you staying with randoms? cause the form to apply online is confusing!
    do you just pick a room? cause i;ve heard from mate that they ( a guy) was put with all girls so its random and he didn't enjoy. yet heights is sooo much nicer than towers. and if i got dalton which i heard is better than stafford would have gone there. what made you choose heights?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freakyhello)
    Are you staying with randoms? cause the form to apply online is confusing!
    do you just pick a room? cause i;ve heard from mate that they ( a guy) was put with all girls so its random and he didn't enjoy. yet heights is sooo much nicer than towers. and if i got dalton which i heard is better than stafford would have gone there. what made you choose heights?
    well yeh im stayin with my mate, but i should have two other room mates (you can see online if you have room mates if your booking with Unite StudentS) but its confusing because it implies i wont have room mates untill feb, or that im free untill feb, neway thats besides the point.

I am worried that i wont get to enjoy my first year as much, but i really would pick having an ensuite over the chance that i wont make any decent friends. I'm quite sociable and i think i'll get along with neone, and im sure there will be plenty of mates to be made with second year students and what not.. neway do what you'd prefer more....

ENSUITE vs 'The Chance of not making a lot of first year friends'

if your sociable, then you really don't have anything to worry about?

ReputationRep:
    I think (as others have said) staying on campus would be the best option.

ReputationRep:
    I think they allocate you a room and you can put on the form if there's anyone who you want to be with. I remember in first year when my friends applied they applied at the same time and filled out a section where they put each other's names down.

ReputationRep:
    Getting allocated my room (Stafford hopefully lol) would be excitingamazingcoolsuperohmygodi t'sfinallyhere!! =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtom:))
    Getting allocated my room (Stafford hopefully lol) would be excitingamazingcoolsuperohmygodi t'sfinallyhere!! =D
    Was it you that asked for Stafford in the comments section when you applied? If so then i reckon you'll be in Stafford as i did the same thing.

Also, it really was excitingamazingcoolsuperohmygodi t'sfinallyhere!! =D

ReputationRep:
    When do your results come out? Don't think it's long now.

ReputationRep:
    Is it 20th August?

I'm working on the phones for clearing that week so make sure you get your grades :p: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougLTFC)
    Was it you that asked for Stafford in the comments section when you applied? If so then i reckon you'll be in Stafford as i did the same thing.

Also, it really was excitingamazingcoolsuperohmygodi t'sfinallyhere!! =D
    Haha! Good goood!
    Yeah it was, reckon my chances of getting it are good, providing I get the GRADES! lol

It is 20th august...day before V!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies!

Its just that I heard Dalton is best tower.. whereas stafford et al aint as good.. i emailed accom but they won't let me change to daltonn? they said only after 1 month whats the point then

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies!

Its just that I heard Dalton is best tower.. whereas stafford et al aint as good.. i emailed accom but they won't let me change to daltonn? they said only after 1 month whats the point then
    Everyone's got different opinions. Before I posted on here all I ever heard was that Stafford was the best. Why change before you've even given it a try?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies!

They are all rather similar. Dalton is the worst in my opinion. I seem to remember they only got a bath and a crappy shower head rather than proper showering areas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    They are all rather similar. Dalton is the worst in my opinion. I seem to remember they only got a bath and a crappy shower head rather than proper showering areas
    Lawrence is the one with 2 showers and no curtain between, right? I find that really funny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    Lawrence is the one with 2 showers and no curtain between, right? I find that really funny!
    Think so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    Think so
    Heh

ReputationRep:
    The shower was a perfectly decent shower though, the only difference was standing in a bath instead of a shower tray.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.