Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been trying, but wondering if I should give up now? They must be all taken by now?

ReputationRep:
    Its never too late. I mean there could be vacancies for temporary employment come up, and even (if you get a job) possibility to transfer once uni comes up.

ReputationRep:
    april/may was the best time to apply for summer jobs, you missed and got dissed.

ReputationRep:
    i already have a weekend job but i hate it and i thought the same thing im going to uni in september so im not sure anyone would be bothered to train me and hire me in that time

ReputationRep:
    yep if its job just for summer eg from may til september then you'd have missed 3 months and have about 3 left so what would the point, waaaay to late.

you could apply to a normal non-summer job and pretend you were going to stay longer and then leave when it suited you but thats pretty mean and theyre not likely to give you a good reference (if that matters)

ReputationRep:
    keep searching for jobs, don't give up.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm at college not going to uni, so will have to go back beginning of September. It just seems unlikely that anyone will want me for 1.5 months

I might just start applying for permanent ones, like the person above suggested.

Keep searching for jobs man, i only started applying last week and ive already got a job as a barman down the local pub

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_183)
    Keep searching for jobs man, i only started applying last week and ive already got a job as a barman down the local pub
    but you haven't though sherman...they haven't rung you back yet, and you're ******** yourself asbout the job! don't give it the big'un

!!!

:awesome:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.