Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

1 Year Student Oyster Card Watch

• View Poll Results: Is it wrong that TfL put back travel cards on Adult Oyster Cards and not Student ones
    YES! thats age-ism
    100.00%
    NO, too bad!
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Alrite ... here's the issue. I had my oyster card stolen from me a couple of days ago :bawling:

Okay, it wasnt that bad. I cancelled that one got a new student oyster card at the same time, and tried asking the TfL people to put back the remainder of the travelcards time left onto the new one.

But, they only do that for Adult Oyster cards which are stolen or lost. Obviously I was annoyed that they did it for Adults but not for Students! Anyone else had their Student Oyster Card Lost/Stolen and had the same problem with travel cards?

Surely if they can do it for Adults they should be able to do it for Students??? What are your opinions? ...

ReputationRep:
    Somebody stole your Oyster, and didn't bother to go for your phone or wallet instead? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    FYI, yes the bugger stole my wallet too! Luckily not too much of a problem with that though didnt have much cash in it.

But the fact that TfL dont send the repayment cheque till about 2 months and that this wont even be a straight proportion of the money that students pay initially is "grinding my gears".

ReputationRep:
    Thats pretty out of order actually, if they can sort it out for them why not just put it on the new student oyster card. Cant be that hard?!?

ReputationRep:
    Phone them up and raise hell.

ReputationRep:
    Try another employee in the underground someone is bound to make the mistake of returning the time back on the student card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneWayOfLife?)
    Try another employee in the underground someone is bound to make the mistake of returning the time back on the student card.
    True, but when I called them up they said that they haven't [bothered creating] the technology required for the student photocards! Why do we have to pay the price for their lack of foresight?!? Its just so much more hassle then if they'd just put the travelcard back on! as they do for Adults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimboBlue)
    True, but when I called them up they said that they haven't [bothered creating] the technology required for the student photocards! Why do we have to pay the price for their lack of foresight?!? Its just so much more hassle then if they'd just put the travelcard back on! as they do for Adults.
    That is the most stupidest excuse I have ever herd! Just keep hassling them and try to speak to the senior member staff, it could possibly be refunded, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    ^Yeh, that tactic is not seeming to be working.

But it must be a problem for all Londoners commuting to and from uni in London. Clearly, we're not given halls as easily, so a lot of us have to commute.

And the amount of people commuting, I'm sure that there must be more than just me commuting per year who has their card lost/stolen?!?

Sooo, if they can do it for ADULTS sort it out for STUDENTS too!

Otherwise we're gonna be losing out because the cash refunded takes a lot of time to come through, and is nowhere near as worthwile as a annual travelcard!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.