Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, got my results today and a little disappointed.

Equity & Trusts 46%
    European Community Law 45%
    Land Law 52%
    Tort Law 56%

Not entirely gutted as I did have several ops this year, over the easter period/time for revision especially. Oh well, still got a 2:1 in my first year, though first year didnt technically count.

The weighting for year 2 is 40% of my degree,
    so year 3 is 60%.

I understand I will have to get my head down, but could I still achieve a 2:1 based on these 2nd year results?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, just get 70% next year.

ReputationRep:
    What was your overall average in year 2? I'm in a similar siutation, I got 55.5% overall this year (year 2) and I need to get atleast 65% in Year 3 to get my 2:1.

ReputationRep:
    im sorry man i dont know anything about law ... but kidhhhhhha singhhhhh !

ReputationRep:
    sorry - edit that, 50% average. oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    you need an average of 66.6% or more in your final year for that 2:1. not impossible. you don't need 70% average but overall high marks will be good to counter some low marks.

ReputationRep:
    they've already said its 40:60

ReputationRep:
    just asking... did u work hard and revise, or is law just that hard??

Like Quady says, you could if you averaged over 70% in your third year. Whether you think that is do-able depends on how much you dossed this year.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have just finished a law degree. In my second year I really messed up and got 51, 53, 57 and 57 in Equity and Trusts, international human rights, Tort and EU and Admin law respectively.

However in my final year I worked my arse off day in, day out - even on Christmas day. I worked 11 hour days for a large part of it and came out with a finals average of 66% (2.1). You can do it but you must work incredibly hard and don't expect to have a life! This was my experience. I had to ask myself what was more important and it was pain now and gain later!

Hope this in some way helps!

ReputationRep:
    OP which uni are you in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.