Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, got my results today and a little disappointed.

Equity & Trusts 46%
    European Community Law 45%
    Land Law 52%
    Tort Law 56%

Not entirely gutted as I did have several ops this year, over the easter period/time for revision especially. Oh well, still got a 2:1 in my first year, though first year didnt technically count.

The weighting for year 2 is 40% of my degree,
    so year 3 is 60%.

I understand I will have to get my head down, but could I still achieve a 2:1 based on these 2nd year results?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, just get 70% next year.

ReputationRep:
    What was your overall average in year 2? I'm in a similar siutation, I got 55.5% overall this year (year 2) and I need to get atleast 65% in Year 3 to get my 2:1.

ReputationRep:
    im sorry man i dont know anything about law ... but kidhhhhhha singhhhhh !

ReputationRep:
    sorry - edit that, 50% average. oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    you need an average of 66.6% or more in your final year for that 2:1. not impossible. you don't need 70% average but overall high marks will be good to counter some low marks.

ReputationRep:
    they've already said its 40:60

ReputationRep:
    just asking... did u work hard and revise, or is law just that hard??

Like Quady says, you could if you averaged over 70% in your third year. Whether you think that is do-able depends on how much you dossed this year.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have just finished a law degree. In my second year I really messed up and got 51, 53, 57 and 57 in Equity and Trusts, international human rights, Tort and EU and Admin law respectively.

However in my final year I worked my arse off day in, day out - even on Christmas day. I worked 11 hour days for a large part of it and came out with a finals average of 66% (2.1). You can do it but you must work incredibly hard and don't expect to have a life! This was my experience. I had to ask myself what was more important and it was pain now and gain later!

Hope this in some way helps!

ReputationRep:
    OP which uni are you in?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.