Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'll be applying for a new passport soon, and it'll be my first adult one, so I'll need an interview.

Anyone know what sort of stuff they ask? How long it takes etc.

Also, I want to point out that £70 is a joke. In Spain its only €20, Greece €26.40 and in Sweden 400kr (about £31)

Crazy.:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Israeli one is £17. And we're not even in Israel.

ReputationRep:
    ye i had interview last year, they just ask address, name, relations, schools etc (ask you to spell out address and things), 30/40min maybe less, cant remember exactly tbh
    nothing to worry about as long as you are who you say you are lol
    and yes its expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Israeli one is £17. And we're not even in Israel.
    According to the IPS an Israeli one is 220NIS, which, according to google, is about £34.

Again, we're being ripped off. Although I picked Spain, Greece and Sweden as they're in the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    According to the IPS an Israeli one is 220NIS, which, according to google, is about £34.

Again, we're being ripped off. Although I picked Spain, Greece and Sweden as they're in the EU.

The IPS?

No idea, I just remember it was £17 when I last got one, 2 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    The IPS?

No idea, I just remember it was £17 when I last got one, 2 years ago.
    Identity and Passport Service

Here's the comparison table:
    http://www.ips.gov.uk/cps/files/ips/...ite__May09.pdf

ReputationRep:
    They asked me my date of birth; parents date of birth; how long I'd known my countersignatory, etc. asked me how I'd sent off my form, and to give my signature.

It was all information I'd put down on the form. It didn't take too long, and the guy was friendly.

Though I totally forgot my mum's year of birth, which was embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    It's just to see you in person I think, they don't really seem to care about the answers anyway. Well I had mine last year and my social worker filled out my form (because it has to be done in some special way through them) so the person interviewing me was like Name/DOB etc, but was then some questions were like "was there an email address on the application?"....don't know. "if there was, what is it?".....no idea. "What phone number was given?"....no idea. “Where is the passport going to be delivered?”…..don’t know… “who is the passport going to be delivered to?” don’t know…I pretty much said no idea/don't know to pretty much every question I was asked, got the passport a few days later though and the interview was only about 10mins. Had to sign electronically too. If you filled out the form yourself it should be easy

ReputationRep:
    I was never interviewed for my first adult one which was just a few months ago. Just filled out the form then got it three days later.

On the other hand, my countersignatory is a senior civil servant .

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.