Turn on thread page Beta

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    lol, you should get paid for making people feel better Rach, because you do

and yes, its gonna run me £84 altogether over Jan and June, its more need than want for me I think
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuut on the bright side, no critical thinking ever again!

I can't believe results day was yesterday.

I'm in the re-take club, it's blates the coolest :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    :jumphug:

But yeah you won't. :|
    Are you going to drop any subjects for A2?
    Yeah Sociology. I don't know what happened with this subject, I've studied it for 3 years, got As in class and came out with a B :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    Yeah Sociology. I don't know what happened with this subject, I've studied it for 3 years, got As in class and came out with a B :confused:
    You're dropping a subject you got a B in?
    Your grades can't ahve been that bad then!

But yeah, same happened to me with business but i'm going to resubmit some coursework because it got marked down so -_-

ReputationRep:

But yeah, same happened to me with business but i'm going to resubmit some coursework because it got marked down so -_-
    I was always planning on dropping it anyways :p:. But I'm picking up FM if my sixth form allows me now.. I think they were after an A grade in Maths :erm:
    Thats good, I'm gonna get remarks in two papers bcos they seem odd too

ReputationRep:

Well that's gotta be the most annoying thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    im asking for a paper back -- want to know wtf I thought I was doing
    but not going to resit it...*too lazy*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raceforthefishman)
    im asking for a paper back -- want to know wtf I thought I was doing
    but not going to resit it...*too lazy*
    I don't think any of your marks warrant a "WTF" do they?!

ReputationRep:
    lozz you happy with your lit grade?

What paper fish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Well that's gotta be the most annoying thing ever.
    Considering my teacher told me it was a "good" A and then it was marked down to a low B - very!

It's happened across all the subjects, especially for ICT - I know someone who was told their coursework was an A it was marked down to an E!

ReputationRep:
    ouch. up and down the country I've heard ICT is an extremely hard subject to get an A in.

ReputationRep:
    Considering my teacher told me it was a "good" A and then it was marked down to a low B - very!

It's happened across all the subjects, especially for ICT - I know someone who was told their coursework was an A it was marked down to an E!
    That's so so harsh! It's unfair as well because you could have pulled it up if you'd known!

(Original post by Malsy)
    lozz you happy with your lit grade?

What paper fish?
    Yahuh; an A and full UMS to boot. :eek3: Heck knows how; I thought they'd forgotten to put my grade on the results sheet.

How'd yours do?

ReputationRep:
    That's so so harsh! It's unfair as well because you could have pulled it up if you'd known!
    :yes: and that is exactly why i'm annoyed

All the people who did ICT got theirs marked down so much so they're all going to complain to the school because there's obviously a problem with the teacher if that happened.

I can't believe so many people didn't get into year 13 :/

ReputationRep:

Yahuh; an A and full UMS to boot. :eek3: Heck knows how; I thought they'd forgotten to put my grade on the results sheet.

How'd yours do?

wahey that's amazing! considering i've hated it all year and was expecting a D, I am happy with my overall B (A in exam too:eek: :cool: ) :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :yes: and that is exactly why i'm annoyed

All the people who did ICT got theirs marked down so much so they're all going to complain to the school because there's obviously a problem with the teacher if that happened.

I can't believe so many people didn't get into year 13 :/
    I'd defo complain, it matters far too much now to leave it.

Do you know a lot of people who have to re-do the year then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    wahey that's amazing! considering i've hated it all year and was expecting a D, I am happy with my overall B (A in exam too:eek: :cool: ) :hugs:
    Yeh, that's really brilliant - well done!

Was it you that was considering dropping it or was that somebody else?

I was, I told my teachers and everything - but now I'm not so sure....

ReputationRep:
    I'd defo complain, it matters far too much now to leave it.

Do you know a lot of people who have to re-do the year then?
    I only know one who's definitely but i've heard about quite a fair few who didn't get the grades - but i'm not sure if they're just going to leave or work something out with the school or resit the year :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I only know one who's definitely but i've heard about quite a fair few who didn't get the grades - but i'm not sure if they're just going to leave or work something out with the school or resit the year :dontknow:
    Yikes

What is it you have to get to be able to stay on?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, that's really brilliant - well done!

Was it you that was considering dropping it or was that somebody else?

I was, I told my teachers and everything - but now I'm not so sure....

it is honestly my proudest grade :p: i could stare at it all day:p:

yeah I was and I think i still am, as I do not want to risk it going down next year!

I don't think you should at all; clearly you're amazing at it, plus you don't even have to do that well next year as youve set yourself a great basis for next year, and if you do well, then, even better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    it is honestly my proudest grade :p: i could stare at it all day:p:

yeah I was and I think i still am, as I do not want to risk it going down next year!

I don't think you should at all; clearly you're amazing at it, plus you don't even have to do that well next year as youve set yourself a great basis for next year, and if you do well, then, even better!
    It's such a stupid subject, but I totally agree - it must be such a great feeling!

Oh okay fair enough, that makes a lot of sense.

That's what I'm thinking - the fact I'd need like C's means I think it'd be a waste. Oh well, grovelling to teachers here I come!

ReputationRep:
    It's such a stupid subject, but I totally agree - it must be such a great feeling!

Oh okay fair enough, that makes a lot of sense.

That's what I'm thinking - the fact I'd need like C's means I think it'd be a waste. Oh well, grovelling to teachers here I come!
    :yep:

I meant i don't think you should drop it, and it wouldn't be a waste at all, it'd just take the pressure off you a bit! which will be a good feeling. :yep:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.