Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I'm ok. Just thinking about going to bed actually. :yawn: Tomorrow, actually its today :erm: is my last day of slacking, some serious work must be done come Monday :fuhrer:
    :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I'm ok. Just thinking about going to bed actually. :yawn: Tomorrow, actually its today :erm: is my last day of slacking, some serious work must be done come Monday :fuhrer:
    Agreed - need to get something done before school starts again.

Probably need to try and do some sort of maths else those first lessons will NOT be fun.

And maybe should start the PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ghosh's "Banter-ful" Maths Challenge - rep for correct answer (my decision on which solution(s) are most correct) :awesome:

We all know what a factorial is. When we see '3!' we say 'three factorial' and this is simply 3! = 1 x 2 x 3. Or more generally,

n! = 1 \times 2 \times \cdots \times (n-1) \times n .

The question is to find all positive integers n such that the sum

1! + 2! + 3! + \cdots + n!

is a perfect square.

Enjoy! :awesome:
    we make the maths more fun at school so 3! would be 3bang....

:wavey: everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raceforthefishman)
    we make the maths more fun at school so 3! would be 3bang....

:wavey: everyone
    Lol, I like that!

Hihi.

ReputationRep:
    herro, you ok?

ReputationRep:
    Yes thanks! Just attempting to write a CV and looking forward to the cricket today.

You?

ReputationRep:
    CV

im not so bad thanks...shoudl do some school work...but im not going to, going to read instead :yy:

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    Arrghhhhh reading

I'm supposed to have been doing loads of reading for my english cwk next year, but until results day I wasn't doing english next year. So I haven't.
    Argh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Agreed - need to get something done before school starts again.

Probably need to try and do some sort of maths else those first lessons will NOT be fun.

And maybe should start the PS.
    you said it, Ive got these ******* retakes to re-revise for now and seem to have forgotten everything

5 extra exams :sadnod:

and the cricket is looking :puke:
    on the plus side, my work experience counts towards enrichment app. :dance: = loadsa free's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    you said it, Ive got these ******* retakes to re-revise for now and seem to have forgotten everything

5 extra exams :sadnod:

and the cricket is looking :puke:
    on the plus side, my work experience counts towards enrichment app. :dance: = loadsa free's
    Which are you re-taking?

You mean, good, right!?

ReputationRep:
    Which are you re-taking?

You mean, good, right!?
    maths - C2 and S1/C1

Chem - need 3 more fecking marks for an A so might redo the June exam

Physics - did both exams in June (3 hour exam :eek3: ) went from a B to a D
    retaking both of those

what about you?

lol I didnt think there could be any ambiguity as to the meaning of :puke: it means cricket is tedious, 20/20 was much better

ReputationRep:
    maths - C2 and S1/C1

retaking both of those

what about you?

lol I didnt think there could be any ambiguity as to the meaning of :puke: it means cricket is tedious, 20/20 was much better
    Oh right okay, yeh that seems fair enough then!

Majorly unlucky with the chemistry!

And I'm with you on the stupid maths - need to retake C2 and S1, probably should do C1 again as well but, meh. I was close to an A, but I wanted to be comfortably in!

But but but it's the Ashes!

ReputationRep:
    Oh right okay, yeh that seems fair enough then!

Majorly unlucky with the chemistry!

And I'm with you on the stupid maths - need to retake C2 and S1, probably should do C1 again as well but, meh. I was close to an A, but I wanted to be comfortably in!

But but but it's the Ashes!
    :eek3: you want to do all 3, wow, why not do A2 and AS at the same time, i.e. when the liitle 'uns are doing C1 you do it with C3 and then do C4 and S2 when they are doing C2 and S1, that way maybe you can sit in on the lessons if you have free's
    i agree with you on getting the A because you dont want to have to make all those marks up in A2 = hard

and yes, exactly

ReputationRep:
    maths - C2 and S1/C1

retaking both of those

what about you?

your sig :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    hey hey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raceforthefishman)
    your sig :rofl:
    I might put the pic about chemists doing it periodically, up

ReputationRep:
    Fun Riddle
    Philip really wanted to get into this fancy club, but he knew you needed a password - he knew that the guard says a number, and you have to reply with the corresponding number. One night, he waited in a bush next to the door of the club, listening to catch the password. He saw a woman walk to the door and he heard the guard say '12' and the woman said '6' and entered. He decided to wait to hear another person, and so a man walked up and the guard said '6' and the man said '3', so he thought he figured out the password. Philip walked up to the door of the club, and the guard said '10' and Philip said '5', but was not let in. Can you figure out what the password actually is?
    Hint
    The guard said to me '8' and I responded '4' and wasn't let in, but my friend responded '5' and was let in.

ReputationRep:
    Theres a festival in the park behind my house and they're having an open mic competition. Someone is murdering Halo atm :toofunny:

And nice riddle, Ghosh :teeth: I may just have a go

ReputationRep:
    I give up.

Tell us the answer Ghosh.

Now.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.