The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchedEdge)
    And Ghosh, I know you were joking - I was being sarcastic :p:
    It is funny
    :indiff: **** My Life. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Well done! I remember you were dying from stress over economic and maths and it's all turned out great anyways

And yeah, all 4 to A2, though I'm sort of questioning that decision now.

My music was only 83%, and I think I may struggle to get an A at A2. And since I'm doing 4 A levels, if I get an offer from Cam it will involve all 4 (most probably). So I'm considering dropping music A2 and going for biology AS. I dunno
    Well...maths didn't...but okay

Oh right, I see - you sound like you're about as decided as I am! Would Bio at AS give you anything extra to your application anyway? And besides, 83 at AS means you can get 77 at A2, right - you're well capable of that, like I said - genius child!
    Ahh the Cambridge thing is a little tricky - how much of your next years music course is coursework (if any?) cos then if you can make sure that's really really high (which it so would be :p:) then the exam wouldn't be so bad in the summer....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Well...maths didn't...but okay

Oh right, I see - you sound like you're about as decided as I am! Would Bio at AS give you anything extra to your application anyway? And besides, 83 at AS means you can get 77 at A2, right - you're well capable of that, like I said - genius child!
    Ahh the Cambridge thing is a little tricky - how much of your next years music course is coursework (if any?) cos then if you can make sure that's really really high (which it so would be :p:) then the exam wouldn't be so bad in the summer....
    Well, 210/300 was coursework for AS, and it's not much different for A2.

But I still only just scraped As for my coursework this year, which is why I was disappointed.

Maybe it's because we're on a new board and my teacher isn't so used to how they mark it, but I was expecting more.

And I'm not entirely sure how much the bio AS is applicable to what I wanna do and how it'd affect it, so I don't know.

Preferably I probably just wanna drop music really, and take only 3 to A2. Except my school won't really let me because I'm doing accelerated maths and dropping it after taking C3/C4 in January.

BUT then again I really enjoy music because my teacher is jokes

ReputationRep:
    Well, 210/300 was coursework for AS, and it's not much different for A2.

But I still only just scraped As for my coursework this year, which is why I was disappointed.

Maybe it's because we're on a new board and my teacher isn't so used to how they mark it, but I was expecting more.

And I'm not entirely sure how much the bio AS is applicable to what I wanna do and how it'd affect it, so I don't know.

Preferably I probably just wanna drop music really, and take only 3 to A2. Except my school won't really let me because I'm doing accelerated maths and dropping it after taking C3/C4 in January.

BUT then again I really enjoy music because my teacher is jokes
    Oh I see - that's a bit confusing then, really! Your teacher will at least have one year's experience marking cwk this year - probably will have been to more talks by examiners etc (I swear that's all one of my teachers ever does!)

All I know is nearly all my friends do Bio, and nearly all of them spend their time complaining about how much work there is and how pointless some of it seems! I think the exams are full of those stupid-type questions as well...

I feel your pain, I only want to do 3 A2's next year as well but I cannot for the life of me figure out what to drop!

ReputationRep:
    :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    :afraid:
    ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuriso)
    bunch of rep whores :naughty: :p:

Spoiler:
    Show

:ninja:
    I'll pass.. :awesome:

Yes. My name is Natania. :p:

Kuriso, some of these guys have me on facebook, so they know my name. :proud:
    :king1:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    I'll pass.. :awesome:

:king1:
    Don't know what you're missing

who to rep before midnight :beard:

ReputationRep:
    ???
    You were talking about grades, and I don't know mine.

ReputationRep:
    You were talking about grades, and I don't know mine.
    Still?! Yikes.

ReputationRep:
    Still?! Yikes.
    :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be welllll anxious/impatient if I didn't have mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob9001)
    I'd be welllll anxious/impatient if I didn't have mine!
    :laugh: I'm not too bothered atm. I think my mum is more anxious than me.

ReputationRep:
    Natty, I don't understand exactly why you don't have your grades. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what you're missing

who to rep before midnight :beard:
    I've heard stories from natty.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    I've heard stories from natty.

:awesome:
    How does natty know? :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    Natty, I don't understand exactly why you don't have your grades. :confused:
    I really can't be bothered to explain, but basically I didn't go and pick them up because I couldn't. Sooooooo they're either still at school or delayed in post. Our mail is always dodgy, comes at odd times :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    How does natty know? :afraid:
    but you're a boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    but you're a boy.
    :shh: it's a secret

ReputationRep:
    I really can't be bothered to explain, but basically I didn't go and pick them up because I couldn't. Sooooooo they're either still at school or delayed in post. Our mail is always dodgy, comes at odd times :shifty:
    not as bad as my friend, her's are locked in the examiner's office and they can't get them out or something!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.