The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchedEdge)
    And Ghosh, I know you were joking - I was being sarcastic :p:
    It is funny
    :indiff: **** My Life. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Well done! I remember you were dying from stress over economic and maths and it's all turned out great anyways

And yeah, all 4 to A2, though I'm sort of questioning that decision now.

My music was only 83%, and I think I may struggle to get an A at A2. And since I'm doing 4 A levels, if I get an offer from Cam it will involve all 4 (most probably). So I'm considering dropping music A2 and going for biology AS. I dunno
    Well...maths didn't...but okay

Oh right, I see - you sound like you're about as decided as I am! Would Bio at AS give you anything extra to your application anyway? And besides, 83 at AS means you can get 77 at A2, right - you're well capable of that, like I said - genius child!
    Ahh the Cambridge thing is a little tricky - how much of your next years music course is coursework (if any?) cos then if you can make sure that's really really high (which it so would be :p:) then the exam wouldn't be so bad in the summer....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Well...maths didn't...but okay

Oh right, I see - you sound like you're about as decided as I am! Would Bio at AS give you anything extra to your application anyway? And besides, 83 at AS means you can get 77 at A2, right - you're well capable of that, like I said - genius child!
    Ahh the Cambridge thing is a little tricky - how much of your next years music course is coursework (if any?) cos then if you can make sure that's really really high (which it so would be :p:) then the exam wouldn't be so bad in the summer....
    Well, 210/300 was coursework for AS, and it's not much different for A2.

But I still only just scraped As for my coursework this year, which is why I was disappointed.

Maybe it's because we're on a new board and my teacher isn't so used to how they mark it, but I was expecting more.

And I'm not entirely sure how much the bio AS is applicable to what I wanna do and how it'd affect it, so I don't know.

Preferably I probably just wanna drop music really, and take only 3 to A2. Except my school won't really let me because I'm doing accelerated maths and dropping it after taking C3/C4 in January.

BUT then again I really enjoy music because my teacher is jokes

ReputationRep:
    Well, 210/300 was coursework for AS, and it's not much different for A2.

But I still only just scraped As for my coursework this year, which is why I was disappointed.

Maybe it's because we're on a new board and my teacher isn't so used to how they mark it, but I was expecting more.

And I'm not entirely sure how much the bio AS is applicable to what I wanna do and how it'd affect it, so I don't know.

Preferably I probably just wanna drop music really, and take only 3 to A2. Except my school won't really let me because I'm doing accelerated maths and dropping it after taking C3/C4 in January.

BUT then again I really enjoy music because my teacher is jokes
    Oh I see - that's a bit confusing then, really! Your teacher will at least have one year's experience marking cwk this year - probably will have been to more talks by examiners etc (I swear that's all one of my teachers ever does!)

All I know is nearly all my friends do Bio, and nearly all of them spend their time complaining about how much work there is and how pointless some of it seems! I think the exams are full of those stupid-type questions as well...

I feel your pain, I only want to do 3 A2's next year as well but I cannot for the life of me figure out what to drop!

ReputationRep:
    :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    :afraid:
    ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuriso)
    bunch of rep whores :naughty: :p:

Spoiler:
    Show

:ninja:
    I'll pass.. :awesome:

Yes. My name is Natania. :p:

Kuriso, some of these guys have me on facebook, so they know my name. :proud:
    :king1:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    I'll pass.. :awesome:

:king1:
    Don't know what you're missing

who to rep before midnight :beard:

ReputationRep:
    ???
    You were talking about grades, and I don't know mine.

ReputationRep:
    You were talking about grades, and I don't know mine.
    Still?! Yikes.

ReputationRep:
    Still?! Yikes.
    :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be welllll anxious/impatient if I didn't have mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob9001)
    I'd be welllll anxious/impatient if I didn't have mine!
    :laugh: I'm not too bothered atm. I think my mum is more anxious than me.

ReputationRep:
    Natty, I don't understand exactly why you don't have your grades. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what you're missing

who to rep before midnight :beard:
    I've heard stories from natty.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    I've heard stories from natty.

:awesome:
    How does natty know? :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    Natty, I don't understand exactly why you don't have your grades. :confused:
    I really can't be bothered to explain, but basically I didn't go and pick them up because I couldn't. Sooooooo they're either still at school or delayed in post. Our mail is always dodgy, comes at odd times :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    How does natty know? :afraid:
    but you're a boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    but you're a boy.
    :shh: it's a secret

ReputationRep:
    I really can't be bothered to explain, but basically I didn't go and pick them up because I couldn't. Sooooooo they're either still at school or delayed in post. Our mail is always dodgy, comes at odd times :shifty:
    not as bad as my friend, her's are locked in the examiner's office and they can't get them out or something!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.