Turn on thread page Beta

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    not as bad as my friend, her's are locked in the examiner's office and they can't get them out or something!
    :lolwut: seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I really can't be bothered to explain, but basically I didn't go and pick them up because I couldn't. Sooooooo they're either still at school or delayed in post. Our mail is always dodgy, comes at odd times :shifty:
    Ah I see. Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: seriously?
    yeahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuriso)
    That requires far too much concentration :shifty:
    If you were, or anyone else was, interested in a solution, here it is.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Notice that for all  n \geq 5 , n! is divisible by 5. Therefore, using the powerful tool of modular arithmetic, for  n > 3 , we find that

1! + 2! + \cdots + n! \equiv 1! + 2! + 3! + 4! \pmod{5} \equiv 3 \pmod{5} . But 3 is not a quadratic residues in modulo 5 arithmetic, therefore there are no squares for  n > 3 . Testing n = 1, 2, 3 we find the solutions are 1! = 1 and  1! + 2! + 3! = 9 .

ReputationRep:
    I'm in such a self-doubting mood at the moment.

I'm looking at universities and the like and I'm so worried i'm not going to get any offers and that when they see my personal statement they'll laugh. :cry:

Loughborough looks so good for management.. :sad:
    but very out of reach for me :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I have grades now. :proud:

ABBC

I got an A in French :lolwut: and both my Bs in Spanish and Maths were two marks off an A. :rant: Anywaaaaay I'm quite pleased, considering I have ****** about a lot this year. :yes: I'm now really confused too as I wanted to drop French... :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Woww congratsss! :party:

I know how you feel about the maths :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Woww congratsss! :party:

I know how you feel about the maths :p:
    It's annoying. I screwed up S1. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

ABBC

I got an A in French :lolwut: and both my Bs in Spanish and Maths were two marks off an A. :rant: Anywaaaaay I'm quite pleased, considering I have ****** about a lot this year. :yes: I'm now really confused too as I wanted to drop French... :beard:
    Congrats :jumphug:

and yeah I know how it feels when the Bs are SO close to As ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying. I screwed up S1. :rolleyes:
    :five:

That's what all the cool people do. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in such a self-doubting mood at the moment.

I'm looking at universities and the like and I'm so worried i'm not going to get any offers and that when they see my personal statement they'll laugh. :cry:

Loughborough looks so good for management.. :sad:
    but very out of reach for me :yes:

The PS thing is really worrying me at the mo

And you never know (I have no idea what they're asking for or anything!) - I'm sure you could get in wherever - you got good grades!

ReputationRep:
    :yy: nice one natty

:wavey:

ReputationRep:
    :five:

That's what all the cool people do. :ninja:
    :giggle:

Indeed. :five:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just gonna do a big brain storm for my PS for now. I've got a piece of paper on my wall that has different headings, such as 'why this subject?' and 'extra cirricular activities' so I keep adding to it at random.

ReputationRep:

ABBC

Congrats :woo: :party:

ReputationRep:
    The PS thing is really worrying me at the mo

And you never know (I have no idea what they're asking for or anything!) - I'm sure you could get in wherever - you got good grades!
    mm :sad:

and nothing crazy grade wise (340 UCAS points minimum: B), but it's one of the top unis for the subject I'm looking at doing so :/ it's going to be uber competitive with people who have brilliant grades and kick ass ECs which I lack.

ReputationRep:
    mm :sad:

and nothing crazy grade wise (340 UCAS points minimum: B), but it's one of the top top unis so :/
    I was thinking about there, then I realised I would NOT fit in with all the sporty types :p:

I bet you could do it if you wanted to - you got B's at least didn't you? Positiveness.

ReputationRep:
    personal statement

fail, i tried starting it the other day...was terrible
    I don't do anything extra curricular really either

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about there, then I realised I would NOT fit in with all the sporty types :p:

I bet you could do it if you wanted to - you got B's at least didn't you? Positiveness.
    ahh you quoted me before i'd edited it.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    ahh you quoted me before i'd edited it.. :p:
    You're still supposed to choose a high-risk one though, right? So you can have it anyway and might be pleasantly surprised.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.