Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    Did you guys not read what I said? Although to be fair, I could be wrong.
    I'll have a little sneaky peak at the UCAS website, you might well be right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UCAS)
    Entering qualifications
    Guidance on entering specific qualifications

We have provided some guidance below on adding specific qualifications to your application in Apply. If your qualification is not listed below, please read the help text in Apply, speak to your school, college or centre, or contact our Customer Service Unit for advice.
    GCE qualifications (AS & A level, single & double award)

You must list all subjects that have been certificated (also known as 'claimed' or 'cashed in') at GCE AS level. This includes subjects which you are taking on to A level. You should include a subject even if you are re-sitting an AS unit to improve your A level grade.

If you have any doubts about the certification of your AS subjects, check with your school or college, or whoever is helping you with your application.

For certificated qualifications we recommended that you include details of all units with a separate result/grade, but which are incorporated into the overall qualification grade. Entering unit details for AS or A levels is optional.

The following scenarios should help you to enter your qualifications correctly.

* Your AS levels were certificated in 2009

Enter your AS subject and the grade achieved, with the achieved unit results if you wish.

* Your AS levels were certificated in 2009, and you are retaking some/all units to achieve a higher overall grade

Enter your AS subject and grade achieved in 2009 with the achieved unit results if you wish. Then, enter the AS level again for 2010 (to cover the re-sit) with the pending unit grades, even if you are taking the subject on to A level. We need to know about the AS level re-sits for matching purposes to enable us to pass on the potentially new AS grade to your chosen universities and colleges.

* Your AS level was certificated prior to sitting A levels

When entering your pending A level, you can enter the three units achieved at AS level with the grades if you wish. Then, enter the three additional units for your A level as pending.

Or

When entering your pending A level you can enter just the three pending units that you are taking.

If you are resitting one or some of the AS units that will count towards achieving your A level, you can also enter these units as pending.
    Was all i could find at a quick scan, which doesn't clear it up very well.

ReputationRep:
    The perpetual mentioning of 'if you wish' with regards to entering module scores makes it optional, and might imply that if it's optional, then why should universities get to see some students module scores but not others, and so they don't see them at all. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    The perpetual mentioning of 'if you wish' with regards to entering module scores makes it optional, and might imply that if it's optional, then why should universities get to see some students module scores but not others, and so they don't see them at all. :erm:
    Who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Locke)
    Who knows.
    :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    How are you? :smile: Looking forward to Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    yeah I'm alright apart from ******* megavideo :mad2:. I've not really thought about it so I'm looking forward to it now, but that's probably going to change :sigh:

You okay?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm good. It's the first time in a while that I've felt relaxed, so that's nice

Out of curiosity, what GCSEs are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Post results day relaxation :grumble:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=1305

ReputationRep:
    :tongue: :hugs:

I thought I'd asked you, but I didn't want to seem mad; now I just seem forgetful and/or stupid :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

Don't worry about it I seem mad/forgetful and stupid most of the time :ninja:

Results: 3 Cs :erm:
    Will post again when I can get on to a desktop!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats CS!

ReputationRep:
    What subjcts do you do CS??

:sigh: I wish we didn't have to do circular motion.....:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raceforthefishman)
    What subjcts do you do CS??

:sigh: I wish we didn't have to do circular motion.....:sad:

Oh you too! I have that to self-teach as I was away :grumble: It will be the death of me I swear!

And congrats CS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Results: 3 Cs :erm:
    Will post again when I can get on to a desktop!
    Was it the coursework that pulled your marks down? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuriso)
    yeah I'm alright apart from ******* megavideo :mad2:. I've not really thought about it so I'm looking forward to it now, but that's probably going to change :sigh:

You okay?
    surfthechannel.com

Aye :top2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Was it the coursework that pulled your marks down? :/
    :creep:
    you stalker you

:jumphug:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.