Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raceforthefishman)
    do ittttt
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GUESS WHO JUST MERKED THEIR GRADE 6 FLUTE WITH DISTINCTION

mother ******* :woo: :party:

135 out of 150 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

:dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GUESS WHO JUST MERKED THEIR GRADE 6 FLUTE WITH DISTINCTION

mother ******* :woo: :party:

135 out of 150 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

:dance:
    Congratulations :smile: :party: :woo: :danceboy: :macarena: :excited: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    OK, I officially hate this:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    OK, I officially hate this:p:
    :confused: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    I know, he doesn't shut up about coffee!! I still mentioned it in my PS though :p:
    Nice one. :five:

I'm still reading all over the place because of my project of the recession, which means I have to fall in love with Keynes :jiggy: and also read about monetarism and also about the Tory party in the 80s and 90s. :teeth:

I'm excited now :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    :confused: :hugs:

I'm trying to get some work experience. I've score lucky with one, kinda, they said send in a letter.
    Does anyone have any tips on how to write one, or should I start a thread?
    Please help!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations :smile: :party: :woo: :danceboy: :macarena: :excited: :cool:
    I'm proud :proud: because I got a different accompanist (sp?) who mucked up my first two pieces. :dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    I'm trying to get some work experience. I've score lucky with one, kinda, they said send in a letter.
    Please help!
    Letter:

Dear so and so,

I am a student at so and so, studying at X Y Z. I am interested in so and so, and pursuing a blah blah degree. Talk about how their company comes into and how their work is relevant. Then ask is it possible if I can do work experience. I will be available at X date to do so. I also enclose a copy of my CV.

I look forward to hearing for you.

The end.

Thats what I did anyway :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Please help!
    Dear [insert name/title/etc here]

I am very interested in [insert career/job here], and am considering it as a future career, and I wanted to apply to [insert company here] for [insert amount of time here]'s worth of work experience to get a real idea of what it is like [etc]. [Begin bigging yourself with some important things that make you suited to such a job; perhaps give them a copy of your C.V. (the C.V. you can twist slightly to favour the job)].

Yours sincerely,

Malsy

Perhaps something like that?

ReputationRep:
    LOL, thanks guys. There was no mention of a CV, eek.

ReputationRep:
    Merge together what Ghosh and I have written. Then you'll be on your way. :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I'm proud :proud: because I got a different accompanist (sp?) who mucked up my first two pieces. :dance:
    Massive win for you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ok further maths is getting beyond confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    LOL, thanks guys. There was no mention of a CV, eek.
    It's just a polite thing to do and plus they'll have it on record so they can remember you

ReputationRep:
    Anyway im off out. I got distracted :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a CV...argh!

ReputationRep:
    hey natty natty natty

NICE! (for your music)

ReputationRep:
    [I]Dear [insert name/title/etc here]

I am very interested in [insert career/job here], and am considering it as a future career, and I wanted to apply to [insert company here] for [insert amount of time here]'s worth of work experience to get a real idea of what it is like [etc]. [Begin bigging yourself with some important things that make you suited to such a job; perhaps give them a copy of your C.V. (the C.V. you can twist slightly to favour the job)].

Yours sincerely,

Malsy
    Perhaps something like that?
    Could you edit out the formerly + bit of this post

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Could you edit out the formerly + bit of this post

thanks
    OK. I'd like to know why though. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    OK. I'd like to know why though. :curious:

It really is no biggie.:p: Anyway GHOSH can you tell me if hand-writing the letter will be too risky? I mean she did seem really friendly on the phone and even said pop in and hand it in rather than sending it(but I am going to send it); It's just I don't have access to a printer RIGHT NOW as I'm not at home, but if it's going to be too risky then I'll just wait...:dontknow:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.