ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Why do we only have 3 active ''leaders''? :beard: :hmmmm:
    Your musical compatibility with natty_d is VERY HIGH :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Why do we only have 3 active ''leaders''? :beard: :hmmmm:
    I suppose RoadWarrior and led aren't particularly active :p:

Then again, we've never really had a situation where there hasn't been a leader around when one is "needed". :erm:

To be fair, the leaders are only needed to add or remove members from the Soc (and I suppose, make more leaders), and these aren't exactly pressing matters. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    if i dont get into Birmingham ill, ill .......... :cry:

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    PS writing :sigh: :stupido: :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    PS writing :sigh: :stupido: :sigh:
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a lazy mare. I'm a lazy mare. :hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuriso)
    :ditto:

I hate posts made of ditto or this :shifty:

You only just got round to doing this :wtf:

:five:

and yes as having to mod in there would have been ever harder :moon:

ReputationRep:
    :five:

at least the thread's in chat now :rip:

internet shopping :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    if i dont get into Birmingham ill, ill .......... :cry:

:sad:
    Are you applying for medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob9001)
    Are you applying for medicine?
    :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Stuck on maths, but I think it might be out of my league, but I thought the idea itself was quite interesting, so I'm sharing it with you. I was thinking back years ago, when we were quite young, and learning multiplication (times) tables. My seemingly simple question is: given a standard n by n multiplication table, how many different numbers are in it? I've made no progress on the sequence itself (starting 1, 3, 6, 9, 14, 18).

I considered the following question: Let us define the set  A_n = \{ n, 2n, 3n, \cdots n^2 \} . Can we find a general expression for the cardinality of the set B, where

B = A_n \cap \left( \displaystyle \bigcup_{i=1}^{n-1} A_i \right)

but there doesn't seem an easy way to find that, and I can't see a nice number theory route coming without it becoming too general for me to cope with it. :confused:

Meh.

ReputationRep:

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    ahh same
    good luck

what are your other choices other than Birmingham?

ReputationRep:
    Stuck on maths, but I think it might be out of my league, but I thought the idea itself was quite interesting, so I'm sharing it with you. I was thinking back years ago, when we were quite young, and learning multiplication (times) tables. My seemingly simple question is: given a standard n by n multiplication table, how many different numbers are in it? I've made no progress on the sequence itself (starting 1, 3, 6, 9, 14, 18).

I considered the following question: Let us define the set  A_n = \{ n, 2n, 3n, \cdots n^2 \} . Can we find a general expression for the cardinality of the set B, where

but there doesn't seem an easy way to find that, and I can't see a nice number theory route coming without it becoming too general for me to cope with it. :confused:

Meh.

Take it to the (other) pros:top:

ReputationRep:
    :p: I'm not looking for help at all :p: But I thought it was an interesting question of a very simple idea.

ReputationRep:
    You could get an answer though [unless you already know:confused: ]

the mind baffles so I'll just shush now

ReputationRep:

Meh.
    :moon:

On another note, guess who wasted today?

And also Ghosh your posts on their thread are :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    You could get an answer though [unless you already know:confused: ]

the mind baffles so I'll just shush now
    From reading around on the subject a little, I doubt there are more than three or four people that could comment on the answer. I'm not even sure if anyone has found a definite answer (but I do know that it is bounded, and the bound itself isn't anything neat).

ReputationRep:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1014964

:cry:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.