Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI Watch

Really? How bloody annoying! That's ridiculous! Can't you push your case? :s:

ReputationRep:
    hello..

and man Jaz, that's harsh

ReputationRep:
    Is that for economics or all courses? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    York emailed me saying that they only make AAB offers to candidates predicted AAA :cry:
    Wtf?! That's weird.

I've been asked to consider changing my Oxbridge college choice, given the history of my school's past students at that college :sigh: CBA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    Wtf?! That's weird.

I've been asked to consider changing my Oxbridge college choice, given the history of my school's past students at that college :sigh: CBA.
    It's awful to think something like that could affect your application so strongly; seems kinda unfair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    It's awful to think something like that could affect your application so strongly; seems kinda unfair!
    Well, they said it shouldn't matter too much, and it's against policy to discriminate on those grounds, but it may play a very small factor. They said it's something worth considering - which I've already done plenty, and had pretty much decided upon it. I think I'll ignore my school this time, on this matter. We'll see :sigh:

Yeah, I agree with Lozz! :eek:

Lots of crap at the mo'!

On the other hand, what sort of history? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    Well, they said it shouldn't matter too much, and it's against policy to discriminate on those grounds, but it may play a very small factor. They said it's something worth considering - which I've already done plenty, and had pretty much decided upon it. I think I'll ignore my school this time, on this matter. We'll see :sigh:
    I guess if it did affect it, then you'd never really know - they wouldn't have to explain that I suppose.

I know our school doesn't let two people applying for the same subject to apply for the same college - apparently they discount the reference completely or something if that happens

ReputationRep:
    Does everybody know all their predicted grades already?

:nope: (I imagine they've been revised since my AS Levels).

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, especially if they think that your grades don't reflect the work you were doing! Also are you retaking any parts?

ReputationRep:
    I guess if it did affect it, then you'd never really know - they wouldn't have to explain that I suppose.

I know our school doesn't let two people applying for the same subject to apply for the same college - apparently they discount the reference completely or something if that happens
    The same at my school - well, it's very advised for two students not to apply to the same college for the same course.

:rolleyes: Maybe.

I'll be retaking some. I was predicted an A in Geog, but I'm not retaking anything, even after my C at AS. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Does everybody know all their predicted grades already?
    :dontknow: My guess is A*AA.

Failing at maths :sigh: although this question seems to be fecking hard. Peeky if you want:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    We have a circular field, bounded by a circle fence, of radius r; a goat is tethered to a post on the fence (on the inside of the fence), with a rope of length R. Find the ratio of r to R such that the goat can cover exactly half of the area of the field.

ReputationRep:
    Erghh, I had my choices sorted, now I don't know :erm:

:music: Baby get shakyy :music:

ReputationRep:
    OMG, every problem that I knew would occur today did.

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:
    How is everyone??

Anecdote of the day
    There was absolutely no point in me going to school today...
    30mins of assembly aimed at the lower school, followed by the dishing out of timetables
    then 'discussion of your results and what to do' as im the only person that got 4As/met my target grades...it involved 'I'm keeping all 4 on' 'ok' 'righto'
    Didn't start lessons until period 3, have frees periods 3,4,5 today
    so no lessons/nothing useful
    went downtown, had lunch, then went home pah!

*and its only me in physics and chemistry*

ReputationRep:
    crazy, fish.

ReputationRep:
    :cry:
    Im having trouble getting my head around the proof, to the statement prove that there are infinte number of prime numbers (by contradiction)

and hai Rach, lolz at the fact that its only you in Physics and Chemistry, youve got some seriously cheese addled peeps up there

jkes, I is sorry, and will try not to mention cheese again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    :cry:
    Im having trouble getting my head around the proof, to the statement prove that there are infinte number of prime numbers (by contradiction)

and hai Rach, lolz at the fact that its only you in Physics and Chemistry, youve got some seriously cheese addled peeps up there

jkes, I is sorry, and will try not to mention cheese again
    :lolwut:
    Otherwise how are you?

and....O HAI *sorry :sigh:*
    Its ok, im immune to mentions of cheese now....and ye...maybe its because I don't really like wdale (the cheese) :rolleyes:
    urg
    tomorrow is double physics *though not back-ro-back* and chemistry...ill be so lonely!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.