Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    Aww that's cool. :sad:
    They've only just started letting us see them this year.

Are you defo not allowed even if you ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    40 periods a week, 32 taken up with lessons, 4 taken up with oxbridge lessons, 4 taken up with extra-curric. :sigh:

Not to mention how every morning, break and lunch (almost) I have something to do, be it orchestra, prefect duties etc.) :indiff:
    You have 8 periods a day?! Jesus, Good luck.
    Oh in your opnion, does FP1 get harder than the complex numbers chapter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    You have 8 periods a day?! Jesus, Good luck.
    Oh in your opnion, does FP1 get harder than the complex numbers chapter?
    Complex numbers was a pretty nice chapter. I always found coordinate systems the most difficult (mostly because i found it a bit tedious).

ReputationRep:
    Oxbridge lessons?! What do you do in those?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2: my sixth form has Guitar Hero for enrichment

ReputationRep:
    Kuriso, you're such a pimp, hiding your rep till you got a gold. Don't worry, we all go through that:p:

Monk, :love:

ReputationRep:
    My enrichment is a first aid course + photography this term, then thinking skills next term. I'm doing the extended project for enrichment in Y13 hopefully :gah:

We can do things like boxercise and dance to surgery observation at the hospital and work experience at the main feeder primary school

ReputationRep:
    The PS is coming slowly but surely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    The PS is coming slowly but surely.

Applying for Geography? They're cool, I remember someone who had one but did something so different and unrelated, and worked in a big company firm or something. You hoping to do a job that's related to Geo or...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Applying for Geography? They're cool, I remember someone who had one but did something so different and unrelated, and worked in a big company firm or something. You hoping to do a job that's related to Geo or...?
    Lol yeh, I think it's such a employable degree that quite often it's the skills people gain that're important!

Ermmmm yeh preferably, I mean I'd like to be able to help the government with environmental policies or something one day; hopefully make a difference!
    But I'd also quite like to be in the police force, so we'll see

ReputationRep:
    Yup you're right. And cool.

ReputationRep:
    I sure hope so!

You up to much?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Biology work. :sigh: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh fun stuff then! Still, needs must I guess......(I really hate that saying!)

How goes this year in general so far?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't felt much of this year because I've only just sorted out my timetable, had a few problems, so next week is the proper full week of lessons. In biology I've not actually been understanding much as I've just not been following or spending my own time going over stuff, so hoping that changes. In chemistry, I'm finding it a bit awkward as there aren't many of us and so it's a bit eek, and the teacher goes way too fast; his approach to teaching is so different in general, and it's the first time he's ever taught me, lol. Erm, hating the year 12s, though! There are so many of them and it is making me not want to go into the common room:p:
    I think next week will be the first ''normal'' week considering I'll have my lessons sorted + I won't be fasting any more! (in school).

:yep: And you?:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Kuriso, you're such a pimp, hiding your rep till you got a gold. Don't worry, we all go through that:p:

Monk, :love:
    :gangster:

monk :coma:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    My enrichment is a first aid course + photography this term, then thinking skills next term. I'm doing the extended project for enrichment in Y13 hopefully :gah:

We can do things like boxercise and dance to surgery observation at the hospital and work experience at the main feeder primary school
    I still haven't decided what to do yet :beard:

we have card games :facepalm2:

you mean you might be let near children :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    I haven't felt much of this year because I've only just sorted out my timetable, had a few problems, so next week is the proper full week of lessons. In biology I've not actually been understanding much as I've just not been following or spending my own time going over stuff, so hoping that changes. In chemistry, I'm finding it a bit awkward as there aren't many of us and so it's a bit eek, and the teacher goes way too fast; his approach to teaching is so different in general, and it's the first time he's ever taught me, lol. Erm, hating the year 12s, though! There are so many of them and it is making me not want to go into the common room:p:
    I think next week will be the first ''normal'' week considering I'll have my lessons sorted + I won't be fasting any more! (in school).

:yep: And you?:o:
    Gawsshh I'd forgotten you do sciences, that must be so much work! It'll all start to sink in soon though I bet, especially as the first week must have been pretty frantic sorting everything out! Seeing a younger year in own clothes really is proper strange - I know what you mean about there seeming to be millions of them!

Ummm yeh it's going okay, beginning to wish I'd dropped one again especially as even Oxford were like "er, why the heck would you take four?!" but I'm sure I'll cope. It'll all be fine when the UCAS is gone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuriso)
    :gangster:

monk :coma:

I still haven't decided what to do yet :beard:

we have card games :facepalm2:

you mean you might be let near children :afraid:

Trying to suggest something :hmmm:

Card games are fun when you have 5 hours of nothing to do :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Gawsshh I'd forgotten you do sciences, that must be so much work! It'll all start to sink in soon though I bet, especially as the first week must have been pretty frantic sorting everything out! Seeing a younger year in own clothes really is proper strange - I know what you mean about there seeming to be millions of them!

Ummm yeh it's going okay, beginning to wish I'd dropped one again especially as even Oxford were like "er, why the heck would you take four?!" but I'm sure I'll cope. It'll all be fine when the UCAS is gone!

Yes I do :p: And yes, I'm hoping things will improve throughout the year as in the beginning I nearly had a heart-attack considering how much work I thought there was, which has somehow reduced a tiny bit-the panic that is:p:

And yeah, I hate seeing them tbh :p:
    And yeah I'm doing four too, but as I've said not felt the workload yet, will do during the next few weeks, though!
    And yes I'm sure you'll be fine. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    Trying to suggest something :hmmm:

Card games are fun when you have 5 hours of nothing to do :yep:
    me? never :littleangel:

but it clashes with guitar hero :sad:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.