Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI Watch

ReputationRep:
    :sigh: I was (just dropped physics after 2 weeks) doing 4 A2s and had no frees

ReputationRep:
    I wish our school did "enrichment"

think of the stuff I could put on my PS :sigh:
    :sad:

I'd much rather do enrichment then facking PE for two hours a week. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Gawsshh I'd forgotten you do sciences, that must be so much work! It'll all start to sink in soon though I bet, especially as the first week must have been pretty frantic sorting everything out! Seeing a younger year in own clothes really is proper strange - I know what you mean about there seeming to be millions of them!

Ummm yeh it's going okay, beginning to wish I'd dropped one again especially as even Oxford were like "er, why the heck would you take four?!" but I'm sure I'll cope. It'll all be fine when the UCAS is gone!
    A girl in the year above applied for English at St. Hilda's and got in, whilst she was doing 4 A levels: English Lit, History, Politics and French. The work got too much for her, like she'd cry in the common room sometimes so then she asked Oxford if she could drop a subject (Politics) and they were fine about it. Maybe see how you go until Christmas? Lots of people are on trial periods with 4 atm. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    A girl in the year above applied for English at St. Hilda's and got in, whilst she was doing 4 A levels: English Lit, History, Politics and French. The work got too much for her, like she'd cry in the common room sometimes so then she asked Oxford if she could drop a subject (Politics) and they were fine about it. Maybe see how you go until Christmas? Lots of people are on trial periods with 4 atm. :yep:
    Yikes
    My friend and I decided we were literally going to make english our lowest priority - so I'm hoping that if I just focus on the other three more I should be okay!
    A trial period sounds like a very good idea, though....

ReputationRep:
    Got so much homework but the problem is no time to do it!:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    I wish our school did "enrichment"

think of the stuff I could put on my PS :sigh:
    :sad:

I'd much rather do enrichment then facking PE for two hours a week. :rant:
    Our college bloody loves it, you name it they do it, you dont have to do any if you do 4 subjects but I did

ReputationRep:
    Yikes
    My friend and I decided we were literally going to make english our lowest priority - so I'm hoping that if I just focus on the other three more I should be okay!
    Good luck with it all. :hugs: English is just lots of reading, no?

I'm glad my 4th subject is just more maths :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Natty got two golds:jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Good luck with it all. :hugs: English is just lots of reading, no?

I'm glad my 4th subject is just more maths :yep:
    Many, many, many essays.
    As are both Geog and Econ this year, so fun times ahead!

Yess the linking subject = good choice methinks.

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Natty got two golds:jiggy:
    Indeed :blush:

ReputationRep:
    Yikes
    Yep, like I said, just dropped Physics A2 yesterday even though it was a bloody hard descision to make A2 is so much more interesting than AS! but Bio, Chem, Maths, and Physics is just silly when Ive got hospital and care home work to do, im not superman
    are you sure thats a good idea though, to make English your lowest priority do you mean like you will spend more time revising the others
    rather than it
    btw thanks a lot for the rep, nobody else noticed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    Yep, like I said, just dropped Physics A2 yesterday even though it was a bloody hard descision to make A2 is so much more interesting than AS! but Bio, Chem, Maths, and Physics is just silly when Ive got hospital and care home work to do, im not superman
    are you sure thats a good idea though, to make English your lowest priority do you mean like you will spend more time revising the others
    rather than it
    btw thanks a lot for the rep, nobody else noticed
    I guess that must have been tricky; but it'll be worth it if it gets you the grades you want! Yeh there's really no point overloading yourself.

Well if I do well on the coursework I really don't have to do much in the exam to get an A overall - so I really mean I just wouldn't be worrying about the quality of my homework essays we get set over the year! And probably would also spend less time revising it.

No problem!

ReputationRep:
    I have a spanish listening, 4 sets of maths homework, two spanish essays, two french essays, a french comprehension and some note making to do. Plus my personal statement, and extra reading/film watching and sorting out house elections/house music and a debate.

FML :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I guess that must have been tricky; but it'll be worth it if it gets you the grades you want! Yeh there's really no point overloading yourself.

Well if I do well on the coursework I really don't have to do much in the exam to get an A overall - so I really mean I just wouldn't be worrying about the quality of my homework essays we get set over the year! And probably would also spend less time revising it.

No problem!
    oh right I forgot about coursework, ive been exam conditioned, Maths is just stupid with us, i mean we do coursework that is worth 20% of C3, but we still have 72 marks in the exam :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Woah, natty, a hug is needed? :hugs: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Woah, natty, a hug is needed? :hugs: :p:
    :sadnod:

Also people applying for the same course as me on TSR are depressing. :afraid: Feels like I haven't got a chance at all :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. People on TSR =/= student population:nah:

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Don't worry. People on TSR =/= student population:nah:

:cool:
    :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Yikes
    Yeah I know a few people doing that with English (myself included) - i'm really annoyed about how they're basically pressurising us all into taking 4 a levels this year.

ReputationRep:
    I am so behind it's unreal. I wouldn't normally worry but I'm scared my teacher will pick on me to answer questions and I'll have no idea!:sad:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.