The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    Economics and Politics
    I see
    Good luck :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    Begun writing my additional personal statement for my SAQ; not going awfully, but not terribly well :p: I really want to just get my SAQ done and over with, so I don't have to worry about it anymore though! :yep:
    ping
    How are you doing on your SAQ? :smile:
    Haven't got it yet, my school has a system where your UCAS has to be checked by head of year, then headmistress before it's sent off.

So got some time yet I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchedEdge)
    Haven't got it yet, my school has a system where your UCAS has to be checked by head of year, then headmistress before it's sent off.

So got some time yet I think
    Ah fair enough. The only couple of things was it had to be checked by our head of careers, the personal statement checked by the headmaster, and then the reference checked by subject teachers, form tutor, headmaster and head of careers, but it seemed to happen very quickly! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    My question was tan^2\theta - 2sec\theta - 2 = 0 between  -180<\theta<180

So would \dfrac{1}{\cos \theta} = 3 be a third?
    solution
     \tan^2 \theta - 2\sec \theta - 2 = 0

\iff (\sec^2 \theta - 1) - 2\sec \theta -2 = 0

\iff \sec^2 \theta - 2\sec \theta -3 = 0

\iff (\sec \theta -3)(\sec \theta + 1) = 0

\iff \sec \theta = -1 \ \mathrm{or} \ 3

\iff \cos \theta = -1 \ \mathrm{or} \ \frac{1}{3}

And I'm sure you're capable of solving an equation like  \cos \theta = \frac{1}{3} in the range  -\pi < \theta < \pi .

ReputationRep:
    PS checked by headmaster. WOW. GHOSH. PRESSURE. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    :lolwut: Ours is checked by our headteacher and head of year together when you're in the room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Lol. I hate my headmaster. He's a ****. A businessman, and not a teacher. He doesn't even know my name, so I doubt he even read my personal statement. Stupid ****. And what a massive retard, making some loser brown-nose who has been cleaning the arses of the deputy heads for the past year a senior prefect, even though his grades almost spell out DUDE, and not 30 other boys, with perfect grades who don't blow off any teacher for a gold star [not that I wish to be senior prefect - I don't genuinely]. :mad:

/rant

ReputationRep:
    Butttttt you both go to ...private schools. Y'know.
    Anyway yeah I'm just kidding. Maybe the headmaster made it a bit more:afraid:
    I'm not sure our headteacher looks at them. Probably only the Oxbridge people(only 2, maybe 3 people, that is). Dunno, tbh. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I hate my headmaster. He's a ****. A businessman, and not a teacher. He doesn't even know my name, so I doubt he even read my personal statement. Stupid ****. And what a massive retard, making some loser brown-nose who has been cleaning the arses of the deputy heads for the past year a senior prefect, even though his grades almost spell out DUDE, and not 30 other boys, with perfect grades who don't blow off any teacher for a gold star [not that I wish to be senior prefect - I don't genuinely]. :mad:

/rant
    :console: I know the type :hmmm:

My headteacher is a woman and she's not too bad (at least not to me anyway). She knows who I am least, (She did hug me once :lolwut:) and I've been her office (for good reasons :p:) and we've had chats and she asked me all about what i want to do/uni on the Year 7 trip. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    :console: I know the type :hmmm:

My headteacher is a woman and she's not too bad (at least not to me anyway). She knows who I am least, (She did hug me once :lolwut:) and I've been her office (for good reasons :p:) and we've had chats and she asked me all about what i want to do/uni on the Year 7 trip. :erm:
    She's sounds a fair bit nicer than mine.

ReputationRep:
    hai :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    She's sounds a fair bit nicer than mine.
    Also I just remembered that, I've babysat for her and helped her little girl with her birthday party. :ninja: :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Also I just remembered that, I've babysat for her and helped her little girl with her birthday party. :ninja: :lolwut:
    Teacher's pet :awesome: Jokes :love:

ReputationRep:
    Teacher's pet :awesome: Jokes :love:
    I'm not a teachers pet. :no: :p:

Nah, I probably get on with teachers quite a bit but not in a sucky up way which is just :puke:

:love:

ReputationRep:
    You baby-sat your headteacher's kid. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    You baby-sat your headteacher's kid. :lolwut:
    Long story :pierre:

:h

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    mwahahhaahahahaaaaaa

:indiff:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.