Turn on thread page Beta

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob9001)
    Thanks guys

and natty just a quick note- can you have upward & downward moments?
    You can have them in a vertical plane and a horizontal plane if thats what you're meaning....

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much guys. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :stomp: Why is a friday day so bad for the cinema up here!

ReputationRep:
    Mid-ucas crisis with choices!! Ahhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    Too many/too few?

ReputationRep:
    :console:

Whats the problem?

ReputationRep:
    I've got QMUL- which i know, even if I got 4 rejections and 1 offer from them, i would never, never go there. i just hated it at the open day. So, its basically a wasted choice. and i really want to apply to bath!!! even if i get rejected, at least i'll have tried..but im too scared.

ReputationRep:
    I've got QMUL- which i know, even if I got 4 rejections and 1 offer from them, i would never, never go there. i just hated it at the open day. So, its basically a wasted choice. and i really want to apply to bath!!! even if i get rejected, at least i'll have tried..but im too scared.
    :hugs: Don't be scared, just go for it...its a less wasted choice even if you were to get rejected!

ReputationRep:
    If you know you wouldn't go to QMUL for defo anyway, you may as well put Bath down! You'll have more of a chance than you think and even if you're right, you haven't lost anything more than you would have done by putting QMUL.

I say go for it

ReputationRep:
    Baaaaaah
    Humbug! I'm too tired to microscope...:sad:

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished my first draft.

So happy! Now just go to start the editing process and hopefully if I hint i'm on my way to my head of year today he'll write my reference during half term and my application will be off the day after we get back from half term.

ReputationRep:
    OMG right. I keep feeling sorry for Nick Griffin bcos of his lazy eye and several chins. I'm meant to be hating the man!!!!
    EDIT: thanks guys lol, i've got 4A predicitions so i'm hoping its enough

ReputationRep:
    Ewwwwwwwww. Hhahaha, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Finally finished my first draft.

So happy! Now just go to start the editing process and hopefully if I hint i'm on my way to my head of year today he'll write my reference during half term and my application will be off the day after we get back from half term.
    YAAAAAAAAAAY! Finally :rave:
    Well done! :hugs:

It feels good, don't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    YAAAAAAAAAAY! Finally :rave:
    Well done! :hugs:

It feels good, don't it?
    :yes:

It needs a fair bit of changing but the hard bit is done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob9001)
    Thanks guys

and natty just a quick note- can you have upward & downward moments?
    Unlike forces, we conventionally talk about moments being anticlockwise or clockwise about some chosen 'axis of reference'. For example, suppose we have a typical see-saw with a pivot in the middle and a girl on 'left' end and the boy on the 'right' end. Then, as we are looking at it, the girl creates an anticlockwise moment about the pivot and the boy creates a clockwise moment about the pivot. But the pivot of the see-saw need not be our axis of reference; for example the pivot exerts a moment clockwise about the position of the boy, whilst the girl exerts an anticlockwise moment about the position of the boy - at the same time the pivot exerts an anticlockwise moment about the position of the girl, whilst the boy exerts a clockwise moment about the position of the girl. The moment produced by the pivot is due to the fact that it exerts a normal reaction upon the plank/rod of the see-saw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    Unlike forces, we conventionally talk about moments being anticlockwise or clockwise about some chosen 'axis of reference'. For example, suppose we have a typical see-saw with a pivot in the middle and a girl on 'left' end and the boy on the 'right' end. Then the as we are looking at it, the girl creates an anticlockwise moment about the pivot and the boy creates a clockwise moment about the pivot. But the pivot of the see-saw need not be our axis of reference; for example the pivot exerts a moment clockwise about the position of the boy, whilst the girl exerts an anticlockwise moment about the position of the boy - at the same time the pivot exerts an anticlockwise moment about the position of the girl, whilst the boy exerts a clockwise moment about the position of the girl. The moment produced by the pivot is due to the fact that it exerts a normal reaction upon the plank/rod of the see-saw.
    ghosh are you doing additional further maths?

ReputationRep:
    ghosh are you doing additional further maths?
    Additional Further Maths AS, most likely, but I highly doubt I can be bothered to do S4/D2. I might read through an S3 book in Spring holidays perhaps for a little chance at attempting a STEP II/III stats/probability question, but I'm not too keen on stats at all really.

edit: Generally surprised - 5 of the 6 BMO-1 questions on the 2006 paper. I'm WELL pleased [**** the hard geometry question] :p:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone around? I'm off to Millfield school today for a chess tournament :woo: Should be extremely rowdy :shifty: I think I'll smuggle some booze in though

ReputationRep:
    :itsme:

booze :naughty:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.