Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI Watch

Maths still doesn't have fire. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    ...immense...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    Let's get this sorted out: Chemistry is applied physics, and physics is applied maths, so chemistry is essentially very applied maths.
    I never was against maths, I just prefer fire :p:

All this being said...im not acutally going on to do a chemistry degree

ReputationRep:
    :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ghosh's theorem: Maths is better than Chemistry.

Proof: Let's prove this by contradiction. Suppose Chemistry is better than Maths; but I prefer Maths - also we can use the so-called Ghosh Property, which states that I am always correct/awesome - hence preferring Maths is both correct and awesome, but then we have a contradiction! Q.E.D.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :awesome:
    :rofl:

Oh Ghosh :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Maths still doesn't have fire. :awesome:
    This is true, but Chemistry doesn't have pretty pictures.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    The first two represent the solutions to integer polynomials of degree 24 or less in the complex plane, the second two are fractal images.

:sexface: I preferred Maths to Chem anyway....

ReputationRep:
    Ghosh, I hate maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Give it a few days :p:
    I know, I know.. i'm just keen

ReputationRep:
    This is true, but Chemistry doesn't have pretty pictures.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    The first two represent the solutions to integer polynomials of degree 24 or less in the complex plane, the second two are fractal images.

Biology has the prettiest of them all -- themicroscopic world is amazing
    Spoiler:
    Show

diatoms

ReputationRep:
    :zomg: That's pretty.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

Geek world much tonight :p:

ReputationRep:
    Being geek is fun I say

What amazes me is, you can happily look under a microscope at a slide that looks bare and see this entire new world....then change the illumination etc. and see something different again, fabulous!

I'll shut up now....
    Spoiler:
    Show

Crystals of sulphur anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob9001)
    Wow.

Geek world much tonight :p:

This.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    Morning all, how be?

Funny of the day
    PAHA at oxford university, withdrew my application over a week ago due to very short notice they were preparing to give me re. interviews.....theyve had my application since 9th october, I just couldn't organise to get there and sort everything at home on a weeks notice..(seeing as Im living on my own atm)...anyways letter comes today with a stamp 4th Dec...right, look at the other stamp 'oxford university' open it...it was them asking me for an interview...I mean ffs, I've been withdrawn a week....couldn't organise their way out of a paper bag! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    lul! oh dear :/

is there absolutely no way you could get up there by yourself?

ReputationRep:
    they havent even told me when to be there or anything, not impressed at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raceforthefishman)
    Morning all, how be?

Funny of the day
    PAHA at oxford university, withdrew my application over a week ago due to very short notice they were preparing to give me re. interviews.....theyve had my application since 9th october, I just couldn't organise to get there and sort everything at home on a weeks notice..(seeing as Im living on my own atm)...anyways letter comes today with a stamp 4th Dec...right, look at the other stamp 'oxford university' open it...it was them asking me for an interview...I mean ffs, I've been withdrawn a week....couldn't organise their way out of a paper bag! :awesome:

It's a shame tbh cos you so would've got in imo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raceforthefishman)
    Morning all, how be?

Funny of the day
    It's a sign. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of geek world, at my interview today in the JCR of the college, 2 Comp Sci applicants were having a discussion about algorithms and how they'd hooked their PS3 up to process with its multiple processors.

ReputationRep:
    :wtf:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.