ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    fbook told me you had liked my status but it has vanished! :hmmm:
    :teeth:
    Can I stalky you???

ReputationRep:
    fbook told me you had liked my status but it has vanished! :hmmm:
    :sad: I didn't remove it! This happened to me the other day with someone else..

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raceforthefishman)
    :teeth:
    Can I stalky you???
    sureeeee
    can you find me or do you need help?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    :sad: I didn't remove it! This happened to me the other day with someone else..

:sigh:
    awwwww okay.
    facebook makes me sad sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    sureeeee
    can you find me or do you need help?!
    I would need help...much of

If you just search 'rach burglar' I should come up i think
    (theres then my surname tagged on the end of that)

ReputationRep:
    lol okay i shall try it!

ReputationRep:
    I would need help...much of

If you just search 'rach burglar' I should come up i think
    (theres then my surname tagged on the end of that)
    I think I found you!

ReputationRep:
    I think I found you!
    Proper job, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Proper job, thanks

:five:

ReputationRep:
    Not brilliantly at the moment -- had some massive university related ****-ups recently which are kind of putting a massive downer on everything...grime times!

you?!?!
    I'm alright, I guess.

Whats been happening with the universities?

ReputationRep:
    :puke:

ReputationRep:
    i need to stop bunking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I'm alright, I guess.

Whats been happening with the universities?
    Its long, you have been warned

Well, here we go

Withdrew my place from oxrod during november as I couldn't get to the interviews...
    This meant I was rather surprised on monday evening when I got home a letter from them inviting me for interview. I wasn't most impressed to say I'd already withdraw, that and the fact this letter wasn't personalised, nor was it even complete. When I recieved this on monday it was less that 7days notice I had been given....which, quite frankly, is not very good.

So I sent an e-mail to the admissions tutor (or whatever she is) explaining how I'd withdrawn my place so wouldn't be attending the interview. Got a reply saying 'thanks for letting us know' to which I was already a bit :rolleyes:

So, I foolishly thought that was the end of it all. then on Wednesday the head approaches me 'rachel, I need a word' a rather scary prospect. I was taken into a room where he told me
    'Just had college at oxrod on the phone, they say you're their best candidate they've got () *I don't believe this fact* and they really regret that you have withdrawn...blah blah'

on it went until I said, 'well if they want me that badly they should get some organisation skills and sort something' so the head said he would phone the man back. Later that day I was collared again, to be told they had rung back and rather changed their tone...They were then taking the tack about how they give more than 7 days notice (they didn't) I recieved an e-mail (I didn't) and the dates have been on their website for ages (I am aware of this...but I still can't book train tickets if I don't know whether I have to go or not). By this point I was all ready to phone them back and tell them thanks but no thanks (it would have been polite yet forceful) but I wasn't allowed :p:

The head took care of it and phoned them back. Then yesterday, my bilge teacher found me and advised me to go and check my e-mails as I had a funny one. I went and saw the one he meant, one from (surprise surprise) oxrod! Have a read through and it was not nice at all...horrid tone (v. sarcastic and patronising) all the way through, yet them still trying to get me to go down. After reading this I was really very riled, so composed an e-mail full of my very best wit and charm *cough* :dry: which would have settled it for me then and there.....In steps my maths teacher, I wasn't allowed to send this either, he went on solidly at me for an hour about the whole situation, which I was fed up with and v. confused....so I started crying embarrassingly enough. It ended up me just sitting there going 'I want to speak to *bilge teacher*' so I went at dinner time...He said how he wsn't impressed by this letter at all either, though did find it funny :indiff:

I went home after having jointly composed a different e-mail as a joint effort. Thought about it then after I got back in, sent it off....

I'm just hoping its all over and they either realise I can't get there and thats that, or if they want me...they should bloody sort something

Me and the staff at school think its all a load of nonsense why they want me though. We think really its because I've come from a special measures school yet have done well out of it so it'd look good on their quota but nvm

Sorry about how long that is :cool:

ReputationRep:
    ''Best candidate they've got''...told you you'd get in :puppyeyes:

sorry, not read it all yet but :hugs:

edit: it seems that you don't wanna go there cos you just don't like their attitude/can't get there? sure there's absolutely no way of getting there?

Wow, that really does suck race. I hope it all sorts itself out. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Its long, you have been warned

Well, here we go

Withdrew my place from oxrod during november as I couldn't get to the interviews...
    This meant I was rather surprised on monday evening when I got home a letter from them inviting me for interview. I wasn't most impressed to say I'd already withdraw, that and the fact this letter wasn't personalised, nor was it even complete. When I recieved this on monday it was less that 7days notice I had been given....which, quite frankly, is not very good.

So I sent an e-mail to the admissions tutor (or whatever she is) explaining how I'd withdrawn my place so wouldn't be attending the interview. Got a reply saying 'thanks for letting us know' to which I was already a bit :rolleyes:

So, I foolishly thought that was the end of it all. then on Wednesday the head approaches me 'rachel, I need a word' a rather scary prospect. I was taken into a room where he told me
    'Just had college at oxrod on the phone, they say you're their best candidate they've got () *I don't believe this fact* and they really regret that you have withdrawn...blah blah'

on it went until I said, 'well if they want me that badly they should get some organisation skills and sort something' so the head said he would phone the man back. Later that day I was collared again, to be told they had rung back and rather changed their tone...They were then taking the tack about how they give more than 7 days notice (they didn't) I recieved an e-mail (I didn't) and the dates have been on their website for ages (I am aware of this...but I still can't book train tickets if I don't know whether I have to go or not). By this point I was all ready to phone them back and tell them thanks but no thanks (it would have been polite yet forceful) but I wasn't allowed :p:

The head took care of it and phoned them back. Then yesterday, my bilge teacher found me and advised me to go and check my e-mails as I had a funny one. I went and saw the one he meant, one from (surprise surprise) oxrod! Have a read through and it was not nice at all...horrid tone (v. sarcastic and patronising) all the way through, yet them still trying to get me to go down. After reading this I was really very riled, so composed an e-mail full of my very best wit and charm *cough* :dry: which would have settled it for me then and there.....In steps my maths teacher, I wasn't allowed to send this either, he went on solidly at me for an hour about the whole situation, which I was fed up with and v. confused....so I started crying embarrassingly enough. It ended up me just sitting there going 'I want to speak to *bilge teacher*' so I went at dinner time...He said how he wsn't impressed by this letter at all either, though did find it funny :indiff:

I went home after having jointly composed a different e-mail as a joint effort. Thought about it then after I got back in, sent it off....

I'm just hoping its all over and they either realise I can't get there and thats that, or if they want me...they should bloody sort something

Me and the staff at school think its all a load of nonsense why they want me though. We think really its because I've come from a special measures school yet have done well out of it so it'd look good on their quota but nvm

Sorry about how long that is :cool:
    Nah. It made a good read :hugs:

What some people on TSR would give to have Oxford chasing after them! :mmm: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe their reasons for trying to convince me, nor does my school.....
    We're all cynics up here...that...or we're the most down to earth somehow
    Its all a shaaaaaam!

but ye, its genuinely impossible for me to get there, especially now as I'd have to leave on sunday!

Silly oxrod, and yes, im dramatically put off now from their attitude but hey ho, life goes on!

How is everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe their reasons for trying to convince me, nor does my school.....
    We're all cynics up here...that...or we're the most down to earth somehow
    Its all a shaaaaaam!

but ye, its genuinely impossible for me to get there, especially now as I'd have to leave on sunday!

Silly oxrod, and yes, im dramatically put off now from their attitude but hey ho, life goes on!

How is everyone else?
    personally if I was you race i'd jump at the chance of interview especially if they like you :p:

no matter what people say it is oxford after all and i'm sure once you'd get there it'd be whole lot nicer and the people there are generally down to earth and friendly. but meh personal choice i guess!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.