Turn on thread page Beta

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overclocked)
    Problem Based Learning.
    Basically they give you a clinical situation and you have to go and research it and learn all the relevant topics from it.
    Basically you're left to your own devices and you have to do everything yourself (with some help from others in group depeding on what they are like:ninja:) . Not great imo :p:
    if you said that at your liverpool interview i'd have actually cried with laughter :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Locke)
    uuuuuuuuh.. no comment.

nothing!! i rate pbl! although i don't think it's the best central tool for undergraduate education. some pbl is fine. it's only my, rather worthless, opinion though :p: .
    cant be that worthless or else manchester and liverpool schools would be sunk by now, its completely about your particular way of learning though
    Id like that responsibility of my own learning

ReputationRep:
    if you said that at your liverpool interview i'd have actually cried with laughter :p:
    would have been funny, might have cheered up the dude in the corner trying his very best to be the "bad cop"

ReputationRep:
    LOLLL of course not! :p:
    I told them it was the greatest thing on earth and what an amazing way of learning it is. I then went on to list lots of positive things I 'loved' about PBL :rolleyes:

Lets hope they don't hunt me down on TSR:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    would have been funny, might have cheered up the dude in the corner trying his very best to be the "bad cop"
    The guys who interviewed me were preety sound like the sort of people you could go out for a pint with :yep: :p:

ReputationRep:
    cant be that worthless or else manchester and liverpool schools would be sunk by now, its completely about your particular way of learning though
    Id like that responsibility of my own learning
    by no means do i think it's worthless! i'll emphasise it again that i do think it's a good way to learn. however you go about it, you'll end up predominantly learning in that way in clinical education and onwards so it would be bad if you haaaaaated it!

as do i, and with endless amounts of content out there, it would be inexcusable to not be facinated enough to want to go and appreciate and understand as much as you could anyway .

ReputationRep:
    The guys who interviewed me were preety sound like the sort of people you could go out for a pint with :yep: :p:
    awesome, i know exactly who you had then!
    ye quite a few people have had the good cop bad cop thing done to them but I tried not to fall for it by staring at the scary one a coupla times

ReputationRep:
    Lets hope they don't hunt me down on TSR:ninja:
    they'd have to hunt pretty hard, there's rather a lot of applicants and they're all probably not thaaaaaaaat fussed tbh - so all in all i don't think they will :p: .

ReputationRep:
    by no means do i think it's worthless! i'll emphasise it again that i do think it's a good way to learn. however you go about it, you'll end up predominantly learning in that way in clinical education and onwards so it would be bad if you haaaaaated it!

as do i, and with endless amounts of content out there, it would be inexcusable to not be facinated enough to want to go and appreciate and understand as much as you could anyway .
    yes definately might as well get used it now though
    well your not on your own, your team and facilitator are there to shore up the gaps in your knowledge

ReputationRep:
    awesome, i know exactly who you had then!
    ye quite a few people have had the good cop bad cop thing done to them but I tried not to fall for it by staring at the scary one a coupla times
    ahh cool did you see the guys who interviewed me?

ReputationRep:
    Problem Based Learning.
    Basically they give you a clinical situation and you have to go and research it and learn all the relevant topics from it.
    Basically you're left to your own devices and you have to do everything yourself (with some help from others in group depeding on what they are like:ninja:) . Not great imo :p:
    Basically you're just laaaaaaaaaaaazy :p:

and YEAH i am kinda looking forward to NYE but im expecting it to be REALLY bad aha but my funky skirt will save me.

ReputationRep:
    ahh cool did you see the guys who interviewed me?
    ye they were obvious, my interviewers seemed impervious to any sort of joke whereas i could hear your ones from the waiting area place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Basically you're just laaaaaaaaaaaazy :p:

and YEAH i am kinda looking forward to NYE but im expecting it to be REALLY bad aha but my funky skirt will save me.
    oo cool indeed :yep:
    should be a good night i love the countdown its hilarious and the biggest anticlimax ever but oh well :cool:

ReputationRep:
    oo cool indeed :yep:
    should be a good night i love the countdown its hilarious and the biggest anticlimax ever but oh well :cool:
    Ahh see i've only ever done house parties for NYE before.. but they've always ended up with us at a pub for the countdown. And then everyone sings old langs eyme (epic typo) but no one REALLY knows the words..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Ahh see i've only ever done house parties for NYE before.. but they've always ended up with us at a pub for the countdown. And then everyone sings old langs eyme (epic typo) but no one REALLY knows the words..
    :rofl: made me lol for some reason

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: made me lol for some reason
    ye me too, it sounds like a dodgy body part that belongs to an old woman.. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Problem Based Learning.
    Depending on how motivated I am, I think that's a very good scheme actually :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    Depending on how motivated I am, I think that's a very good scheme actually :p:
    I'm lazy so it definitely wouldn't work with me :p:

ReputationRep:
    Auld Lang Syne :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone actually know the words to it??
    (Well done for being happy natty )
    :bricks: at core 3

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.