Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI Watch

ReputationRep:
    Someone mathsy just a quick question, when do I know when to use integration by parts or whatever else?

This is for C4, because I can do it, but I don't always recognise when to use each one.

ReputationRep:
    We have just started C4 :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    i have...status update..too scared to check.
    :yy: or :nn:?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I'm still too scared to check. At least theres a glimmer of hope!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I'm still too scared to check. At least theres a glimmer of hope!
    :zomg:

You'll never know. Go on! Get a mate to do it for you? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    :zomg:

You'll never know. Go on! Get a mate to do it for you? :ninja:
    I can't natty :sad:
    If I check and its a rejection, I know I'll just give up on my remaining exams this January. I can't check til next friday (when my last exam is...:erm: )

ReputationRep:
    If I check and its a rejection, I know I'll just give up on my remaining exams this January. I can't check til next friday (when my last exam is...:erm: )
    :console:

Don't fear the worst, but if you can keep your curiousity at bay for that long then kudos! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'll check it :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    oh em gee that's some serious willpower; wow!

Whoa Jaz...I couldn't do that haha! :zomg:

And natty...was it partial fractions? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)

I missed a lesson on binomially expanding those and I can tell I'm never ever going to make up for it.

I think I'm doomed to not understand :p:

We've only just started them. Now you've worried me that I have now have to binomially expand them...when it's going to be super-uber-mega complicated compared to C2. :p:

ReputationRep:
    We've only just started them. Now you've worried me that I have now have to binomially expand them...when it's going to be super-uber-mega complicated compared to C2. :p:
    Oops, sorry about that!

They were really lovely at first.....they they got "interesting" according to my maths teacher (which in normal person language means impossible....)

ReputationRep:

Weirdly enough. Today, yes

We have started the other chapter on Co-Ordinate Systems with parabolas and stuff. This has starting tying together all the things that I have learnt in FP1

(Original post by lozz2601)
    Oops, sorry about that!

They were really lovely at first.....they they got "interesting" according to my maths teacher (which in normal person language means impossible....)
    Nah haha it's fine. I was expecting to be worried very quickly with C4 :rolleyes:

(Original post by natty_d)
    Weirdly enough. Today, yes

We have started the other chapter on Co-Ordinate Systems with parabolas and stuff. This has starting tying together all the things that I have learnt in FP1

Ah, I knew I should have stuck with FP1...:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I now dread the day we start c4 :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Eeeee guys stop saying that! I'm finding it so hard to resist lol

ReputationRep:
    JL -- If you're about, thanks for the rep

ReputationRep:
    :dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    I missed a lesson on binomially expanding those and I can tell I'm never ever going to make up for it.

I think I'm doomed to not understand :p:
    Binomial expansion's pretty straight forwards, you get given the formula after all :p:

Then it's just a matter of simplifying fractions into partial fractions, then just using binomial on it.

Practice questions woman, practice!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.