The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Champagne Supernova
What's your current thinking natty? :console:

I don't know :puppyeyes: Even with my results, I can still with quite a bit of work meet my UCL offer. But I like Warwick and I'm not sure about King's. The whole A in every core module still :afraid: me, what if I have a bad day. I also can't discard my Queen Mary offer because if I use it as an insurance it means I can still go to uni. However, depending on which way round I accept offers, it means that I may have to be at home. Which I do not want, at all :colonhash:
Okay, you guys are intelligent. How would you advise someone who hasn't been to lessons in a month to catch up on all the work? :awesome: I've photocopied a lot of it, but it's not helping... :s-smilie:

natty_d: good luck with deciding, I believe UCAS was invented to torture students.
Champagne Supernova
After some digging up: The original countdown thread postcount

Not the original soc thread, but the actual countdown thread. :beard: The amount of posts we all lost. :emo:

Edit: I wasn't even in the Top 10 posters of that thread :fyi:

6th highest poster :king2:
natty_d
I don't know :puppyeyes: Even with my results, I can still with quite a bit of work meet my UCL offer. But I like Warwick and I'm not sure about King's. The whole A in every core module still :afraid: me, what if I have a bad day. I also can't discard my Queen Mary offer because if I use it as an insurance it means I can still go to uni. However, depending on which way round I accept offers, it means that I may have to be at home. Which I do not want, at all :colonhash:

Well firstly, don't feel pressured into anything. :console:

I mean, on reading this I'd say UCL and Warwick. You really want to go to Warwick, but if you work immensely hard to go for UCL, then in doing so, if you just miss UCL you'll comfortably be at Warwick? :erm:
Champagne Supernova
Well firstly, don't feel pressured into anything. :console:

I mean, on reading this I'd say UCL and Warwick. You really want to go to Warwick, but if you work immensely hard to go for UCL, then in doing so, if you just miss UCL you'll comfortably be at Warwick? :erm:

UCL is A*AAe but Warwick is AAAa. I'm worried that I may miss both these offers tbh :frown:
natty_d
UCL is A*AAe but Warwick is AAAa. I'm worried that I may miss both these offers tbh :frown:

Ah ok, I though Warwick was AAB, sorry. :colondollar:

What are the offers from the other unis then? :frown:
Champagne Supernova
Ah ok, I though Warwick was AAB, sorry. :colondollar:

What are the offers from the other unis then? :frown:

King's is AAAe (with A's in C1-C4) and Queen Mary is AAB. :moon:
natty_d
King's is AAAe (with A's in C1-C4) and Queen Mary is AAB. :moon:

:beard: (How have you done in Core so far?)

Well, when I was talking to you the other day, your heart seems pretty set on Warwick and if you think you're going to struggle to get that A* then I'd say firm that? Or, if you think you can get As in all the Cores, then firm King's and insure Warwick?

I know you're not particularly keen on QM but if King's is looking unlikely, then maybe it's a Warwick/QM combo. That'd give you a great target to do some work to not go to QM as well. :beard:
natty_d
I'm still trying to work out what to firm and insure :cry:

sounds like a toughie! How did you do in your January exams / how likely is it based on those that you'll get an A*?

Oh and I was 9th highest poster :o: - i have no idea who Chicken777799 is though!

and steffi.alexa I remember you :yep:
Champagne Supernova
:beard: (How have you done in Core so far?)

Well, when I was talking to you the other day, your heart seems pretty set on Warwick and if you think you're going to struggle to get that A* then I'd say firm that? Or, if you think you can get As in all the Cores, then firm King's and insure Warwick?

I know you're not particularly keen on QM but if King's is looking unlikely, then maybe it's a Warwick/QM combo. That'd give you a great target to do some work to not go to QM as well. :beard:

:h: I'm going to see King's on Wednesday, so once I see it, I'll be able to work it out. Basically whatever I firm, I need to get into so I can escape :vroam:

I just have this feeling my mum is gonna be like 'LOL WTF YOU TURNED DOWN UCL' :colonhash: :erm:
natty_d
:h: I'm going to see King's on Wednesday, so once I see it, I'll be able to work it out. Basically whatever I firm, I need to get into so I can escape :vroam:

I just have this feeling my mum is gonna be like 'LOL WTF YOU TURNED DOWN UCL' :colonhash: :erm:

I love King's - though I'd be up on Guy's Campus. Waterloo looks cool though :yes: (I don't know where the Math guys are :p: ).
And yeah, I've got that impression from you. :p:

As I say, don't feel under pressure. Plus - when I visited I didn't particularly get a good vibe from UCL. :sadnod:
Melting Sugar.
and steffi.alexa I remember you :yep:

Haha, really? I only posted like 5 times... I was more of a lurker :ninja:
Melting Sugar.
sounds like a toughie! How did you do in your January exams / how likely is it based on those that you'll get an A*?

I have to resit C3 to get it higher and then possibly C2 again just to bump up my grade.
Your username stands out. :p: Plus, I saw you posting in and around the GCSE/A Lev forums at the time. :beard:
Champagne Supernova
I love King's - though I'd be up on Guy's Campus. Waterloo looks cool though :yes: (I don't know where the Math guys are :p: ).
And yeah, I've got that impression from you. :p:

As I say, don't feel under pressure. Plus - when I visited I didn't particularly get a good vibe from UCL. :sadnod:

At the Strand Campus, so I wouldn't be able to stalk you :sad:
natty_d
At the Strand Campus, so I wouldn't be able to stalk you :sad:

It's where the main union is though. :teeth:
Champagne Supernova
It's where the main union is though. :teeth:

Oh :unsure:
natty_d
Oh :unsure:

I mean, the union is at Strand..

I...er...erm. :getmecoat:
Champagne Supernova