Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI watch

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh Jaz that really sucks; I'm sorry

ReputationRep:
    Jaz - have you looked at the courses available through Extra if you're really not keen on going to either of the places that accepted you?

There are actually some good ones still left in many subjects :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    sorry to hear that jaz; was it your first choice?

apparently i have more than 10 books overdue:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug: jaz.

as hannah said try extra they usually have some good courses at the start- you can check through the listings now I think

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug: Jaz as well.

Firm the one you like most and use adjustment in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    noo, im not doing extra!
    I'd love to go to Exeter but its a major gamble as to whether I get the grades they're asking for!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    If that's where you wanna go now, then surely it's a good incentive to work really hard and get the grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    noo, im not doing extra!
    I'd love to go to Exeter but its a major gamble as to whether I get the grades they're asking for!
    In that case I agree with "billet-doux" :

(Original post by billet-doux)
    If that's where you wanna go now, then surely it's a good incentive to work really hard and get the grades?

Where would your insurance be?

ReputationRep:
    soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of furrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of furrrrrrrr
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Awww no jaz :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unbounded)
    :awesome:
    Im dissapointed, none of your emoticons have links anymore

ReputationRep:
    student finance is well annoying to do

(Original post by Unbounded)
    thanks for the rep the other day by the way :love:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by John Locke)
    Can't you only do student finance when youve firmed/insured? I thought you had to put down how many years you need finance for; so for Medicine it would depend on whether you're doing a 5 or 6 year course? Or have I been told the wrong information :p:

ReputationRep:
    Can't you only do student finance when youve firmed/insured? I thought you had to put down how many years you need finance for; so for Medicine it would depend on whether you're doing a 5 or 6 year course? Or have I been told the wrong information :p:
    You can change your "firm" according to student finance apparently but I've waited until I was certain on where I wanted to go as apparently it can be quite complicated to get it changed.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah i found out this one. technically yeah, you only can when you know where you are going, but what you can do is fill out the forms with the one you think you're most likely to go to, then if you change your mind you can call them up and have it changed at any time. so you aren't 100% commiting. yeah the years thing is frickin' annoying, esp trying to put down a pre-clin when you have no idea where you clins would be, and when student finance has decided that university doesn't do medicine :rolleyes: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    You can change your "firm" according to student finance apparently but I've waited until I was certain on where I wanted to go as apparently it can be quite complicated to get it changed.
    owwww , maybe i won't confirm my details for a bit then.

ReputationRep:
    It's really confusing!

I think i'm gonna try and print out the forms and do it on paper instead.

ReputationRep:
    It's really confusing!

I think i'm gonna try and print out the forms and do it on paper instead.
    i was going to do that, but ended up clicking complete online in the end. living to regret that decision as whilst it saves form filling and mistakes on paper as well as being quicker, it's way more confusing. plus my parents dont understand how to use the internet forms :o: .
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    oh yeah i found out this one. technically yeah, you only can when you know where you are going, but what you can do is fill out the forms with the one you think you're most likely to go to, then if you change your mind you can call them up and have it changed at any time. so you aren't 100% commiting. yeah the years thing is frickin' annoying, esp trying to put down a pre-clin when you have no idea where you clins would be, and when student finance has decided that university doesn't do medicine :rolleyes:
    Thank you both! :suith:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.